Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture Drama Nominees Wish List

Ladies and Gentlemen it is finally upon us! We have come to the time where I start the wish lists for the first of the big awards shows, the Golden Globe Awards. Which means awards season is almost here! The Golden Globe Awards are on Sunday January 10, 2016 which is just a week and some change away. There is a little shake up with this years acting categories as the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which hands out the Golden Globes, decided to run The Danish Girl star Alicia Vikander in the Lead Actress category, where she is running in the supporting category at the SAG and is expected to do the same for the Academy Awards. Neither the less Alicia is bound to bring it to the red carpet during awards season. She has proven herself the most worthy Louis Vuitton ambassador and while it is likely that she will wear a custom gown from the brand I would absolutely love to see Alicia wearing this golden lace Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture tiered blouse. This look just feels vintage even though it was made for the current couture season and I think that Alicia would look absolutely glowing in this stunning creation. I would make sure that the gown is the focus by styling Alicia's hair into a vintage inspired updo. Adding fresh faced makeup, a pair of gold sandals, and pair of small diamond drop earrings to ensure that Alicia is one that keeps my love burning.
The Golden Globe Awards will be the first major televised awards show red carpet for Brie Larson, though she has been to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party and the Met Gala, so this will be like her coming out party. I picked this black Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2016 sequin and tulle ball gown because it is the perfect type of look that says look at me I am a Golden Globe nominated actress while being subtle enough that she won't over do it on her first red carpet. I usually pick very simple looks without too much embellishment or froufrou-ness for Brie because she hasn't shown me that she can really hold her own and not let a big dress wear her. I think that this is the perfect style of big dress to make me change my mind about froufrou dresses on Brie. I would keep the styling very classic Hollywood with a chic updo, a red lip, diamond drop earrings, a black clutch, a pair of black Christian Louboutin strass covered pumps, and a diamond bracelet to really let Brie shine on her first major red carpet.
As I have been saying all along I am praying to the fashion gods that Cate Blanchett brings something new to the red carpet in 2016 and the Golden Globe Awards are her chance to wow me again. The actress, nominated for her work in the film Carol, is usually one of my favorites on the red carpet so I would die if she showed up wearing this marigold Giambattista Valli Fall 2015 Couture draped, caped gown. This has been something that I wanted to see Cate wearing on a red carpet since it first walked the runway in Paris back in July of 2015. The Golden Globe Awards red carpet is the perfect place for Cate to make this moment happen for me. Finished with a pair of gold sandals, a tucked faux bob, a pink lip, and a pair of pretty yellow diamond Chopard earrings and this will definitely be a major wow moment and would most likely shoot to the top of my Best Dressed list.
Rooney Mara, much like Alicia, is running at the Golden Globe Awards as a lead actress where she is running as a supporting actress at all the rest of the major awards shows. Back in May of 2015 at the Cannes Film Festival Rooney took home the Best Actress award for Carol, for which she is nominated at the Globes for as well. Having a very small black and white box from which she picks her red carpet looks from I picked this black Valentino Fall 2015 Couture one shoulder tulle gown for Rooney to wear on the red carpet. I think that this gown fits right in with Rooney's no muss no fuss style and I can picture her gracefully floating down the red carpet wearing this dress. I would imagine that Rooney would have at least the blouse of this gown lined, but I would suggest that it gets lined in a very nude tone so that you don't hide all of the detail on the blouse (like Keira Knightley did with a similar gown from this collection.) Keeping with Rooney's no muss no fuss style I would just add a pair of black sandals, a red lip, and a pair of simple yellow gold set diamond cluster earrings will ensure that this is a beautiful moment on the Globes red carpet.
Finally for this list we have a look for Irish-American actress Saoirse Ronan. Saoirse has not been on an awards season tour since Atonement back in 2007 and she has done a lot of growing up since then. Now Saoirse is the darling of edgy fashion brands like Proenza Schouler and Rodarte. I picked this lilac floral embellished Gucci Pre-Fall 2016 gown for Saoirse to wear for the Golden Globes, where her work in Brooklyn has earned her a nomination, because of just how classically elegant it is with a touch of the avant garde with the floral embroidery on the the bodice and straps. I am expecting a few wow moments, like the Valentino she wore to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party a few years ago, but this is a good place to start. Finished with a pair of gold sandals, a loose updo, a gold clutch fresh faced makeup, and simple diamond drop earrings and this look is red carpet ready.

I will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment