Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture Nominee Wish List

The 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards are just a week away! I am excited that, aside from tonight's Critics Choice Awards, that the stars will be back out in full force for the next major stop on the road to the Oscars. Alicia Vikander is nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for The Danish Girl, unlike at the Golden Globe Awards where she was nominated in the Lead Actress category. I think that this makes a stronger case for Alicia as the competition is not as strong. As a brand ambassador for Louis Vuitton I am intrigued to see what Alicia will bring to the red carpet, and her white sequined Louis Vuitton gown at the Globes was quite enchanting. I am not so sure that she will wear Louis Vuitton again until the Oscars but if she does I would pick this gold suede Louis Vuitton Resort 2016 runway gown as it is that chic elegant style that Alicia tends to favor, though I would imagine that it would be a custom gown probably based on the Spring 2016 RTW collection. Alicia really is the only person that can consistently bring a Louis Vuitton look of the perfection to the red carpet so I really hope that continues to be the case.
Kate Winslet, surprisingly, took home the Best Supporting Actress award for Steve Jobs at the 2016 Golden Globes last Sunday and I am interested to see how she will fair with a completely different panel of women she is nominated against. Kate is very cut and dry with her red carpet style; it is always fitted and usually in black, blue, champagne, and green. I am not really very interested in her red carpet style but I think that she would look very beautiful wearing this Antonio Berardi Spring 2016 RTW features a scoop neck with jewel embellishments at the bodice sides and a reverse wraparound silhouette with a long fluid column skirt. The looks fitted silhouette is a Kate Winslet approved standard and the jeweled embellishments on the sides make it something that is a little more than the Kate Winslet standard. Finish with a black clutch, a pair of black pumps, a pair of Tiffany & Co. diamond drop earrings, and a red lip would ensure that Kate has a very beautiful red carpet moment at the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
I was in the minority of not liking the floral Lanvin ballgown that Rachel McAdams wore on the red carpet at the 2016 Golden Globe Awards a week ago. I am interested to see what she will wear for the the red carpet at the SAG Awards since she is actually nominated for her film Spotlight. I picked this chic lemon yellow Naeem Khan Spring 2016 RTW twisted halter neck silk chiffon gown which features an illusion cutout bodice and a ruffle detailed skirt. I think that this is such an elegant look for Rachel as I have fallen out of love with her red carpet style and this would help me get back in groove with this look. Paired with a gold Rauwolf octagon cut gemstone clutch, a pair of gold sandals, a pair of yellow diamond drop earrings this would be quite the beautiful red carpet look.
Rounding out this wishlist is Rooney Mara, who like Alicia Vikander is going to be making this category tougher after campaigning in the lead category at the Golden Globe Awards. Rooney has yet to give me a moment where I say wow and I am hoping that we start taking baby steps to getting there. I picked this black Chanel Fall 2015 Couture sleeveless gown which features crystal embellishment and a tiered silk organza paneled high low gown. I have been waiting to see this gown on the red carpet and though I originally imagined it on someone with a lot of presence like Diane Kruger but I think Rooney's subtle sophistication that this could be a very chic moment a la Audrey Hepburn. Keep the look very simple with a sleek pony (not the bubble thing that she had at the Golden Globes), a pair of black sandals, a red lip, and a pair of chic diamond drop earrings and this just might be a look that I can get excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment