Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture Nominees Wish List

I have had some people in my past say that I don't get excited for the women over 40 as much as I do for the young starlets. While I can say that I usually find women over 40 have found their style and usually stick to it, tried and true, there are quite a few of the older women in Hollywood that I just wait with bated breath to see on the red carpet. Two of them are featured in this post and of the other two I don't know much about her style and the other knows how to throw impact mixed with her tried and true. At 70, Helen Mirren still knows how to work it. I am hoping thought that come the 2016 Golden Globe Awards next Sunday that Helen doesn't stick to her love of all things Dolce & Gabbana. I have seen her wearing enough of those lace cocktail and evening dresses to last me a lifetime. I picked this indigo micro pleated J. Mendel Pre-Fall 2016 which features lace sleeves and a lace back. I think that this look personifies sophisticated sexy and that is what Helen loves to bring to the red carpet. While I do think that Helen should have just an inch or two of the plunging neckline raised, I still think that she could rock this look better than some of her 20 something counterparts. Finished with a pair of black Ferragamo satin peep toe pumps and diamond cluster earrings this would be a major moment, of something different, for Helen on this red carpet.
Name one other celebrity who at almost 80 still rocks the red carpet in amazing high label designer creations that are borrowed or custom made for her from the likes of Cavalli, Versace, Valentino, Balmain, and Saint Laurent. I can't think of anyone other than the beautiful and sexy Jane Fonda, who at 78 shows women more than half her age how its truly done. While I was not a fan of the looks that she wore while promoting her film Youth, which earned her a nomination, I am still excited to see what Jane is going to bring to the red carpet. There were many options that I could have gone with as the first look I would love to see Jane wearing, and I love when sexy Jane comes out to play, but ultimately I went with this metallic copper Ralph & Russo Fall 2015 Couture long sleeve gown which features an embellished lace blouse and a pleated skirt. This gown offers elegance and a refined sophisticated chic that I know Jane could pull off. Styled with a copper Roger Vivier clutch and a pair of copper peep toe pumps this look would be perfect for the Golden Globes red carpet.
It is The Hateful Eight's Jennifer Jason Leigh that I am interested to see in what direction she takes her red carpet dressing. I am not so sure about how she will go because I haven't seen much of her on the red carpets, I didn't even see her at the films premiere. I know that she ill probably pick a refined moment for this red carpet as we haven't seen her in a gown yet, but with all the heavy hitters that she is nominated with she is going to have to learn how to step up her game. I picked this azure blue and white Monique Lhuillier Spring 2016 RTW guipure lace bodice and crepe skirt for Jennifer to wear on the Globes red carpet. I honestly just picked a chic run of the mill dress for Jennifer because I don't know who she is on the red carpet yet. I would hope that if she wore something like this that she would accessorize with a blue Edie Parker clutch, a pair of silver pumps, and a pair of diamond and sapphire earrings and finish out with old Hollywood waves and a red lip to ensure that she has a beautiful moment on the red carpet that will hopefully keep me interested.
Last but not least for the Motion Picture nominees is Kate Winslet who is nominated for her supporting role in the film Steve Jobs. Kate has a tried and true method of red carpet dressing. It is usually black and always fitted from a bevy of her designer friends. I am hoping that next Saturday that Kate takes a little step outside of her box and wears this intricately beaded Jenny Packham Spring 2016 RTW cap sleeve gown. Kate is not usually one to go for something that is so busy but I think that in a favored silhouette and brand of hers (she has worn similar shaped Jenny Packham gowns before) that she should take the risk. I think that by making such an embellished statement is something that Kate really would shine wearing. A chic faux bob, a red lip, a black clutch, a pair of black pumps, & a pair of diamond cluster earrings would all add the perfect punctuation to this look.

will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment