Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Supporting Actress on Television Nominees Wish List

The final season of Downton Abby premiered this past weekend which marks a sad turn of events. I am interested to see who from the cast will be out on the red carpet on Sunday at the Golden Globe Awards. One ladies who I am sure that we will see is Joanne Froggatt who is nominated for her work on the show. I have never really found Joanne to be that intriguing on the red carpet, there is usually something that is off about her look. I am hoping that when she steps out on Sunday that she will deliver her best red carpet moment yet. I believe that this floral Monique Lhuillier Resort 2016 ensemble which features a sleeveless fringe embellished blouse and an a-line ball skirt would be a very beautiful option for Joanne to wear on this red carpet. Finished with a gold clutch, a pair of gold pumps, a chic romantic updo, and a pink lip and this look will be one for Joanne's record books.
I put Judith Light right up there with Jane Fonda and Helen Mirren with women who are considered "old" by Hollywood standards who defy what they are expected to wear and continue to make bold red carpet choices. I am quite looking forward to seeing what the Transparent actress will be rocking on the red carpet on Sunday night at the Golden Globe Awards. I think that this black Marchesa Pre-Fall 2016 draped gown with its sheer emerald beaded tulle sleeves and waist line would be an absolutely amazing red carpet moment on Judith. I think that this gown would look phenomenal on Judith, who has been loving pants on the red carpet recently. I would pair this look with emerald green Christian Louboutin satin peep toe pumps, an emerald and black Edie Parker clutch, hair worn up to accentuate the details at the neck, and a red lip to keep the look of elegance and glamour going.
Of all the Supporting Actress on TV nominees I am most likely to dislike what Regina King wears on the red carpet the most. I have usually found that Regina doesn't dress to fit her very athletic body type. The dress that she wore to the Emmy Awards (pictured left) looked more like a couture lampshade on her than a fabulous red carpet dress. If she want's so badly to look feminine on the red carpet I think that Regina just pick something like this raspberry red Georges Hobeika Spring 2016 RTW sleeveless floral embellished sheath dress. I think that the silhouette of this gown would look elegant on Regina who doesn't show her curves very often. I would finish this with a sleek hairstyle, a pink lip, a matching clutch, and a pair of silver sandals to get Regina on the right track.
Uzo Aduba is one of my slowly rising fashion stars. I love watching Uzo step out on the red carpet because she jetted to stardom overnight and she has been handling the red carpets like she has been on them all her life. On Sunday I would love to see Uzo wearing this hot pink Christian Siriano Pre-Fall 2015 mermaid gown with its thigh high slit and beautiful portrait neckline. Uzo has great curves and this gown would show them off in a way that she has never done before on the red carpet A pair of black sandals, a silver clutch, and a pair of dazzling diamond drop earrings would ensure that this red carpet moment is done perfectly. 

I will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment