Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Runway Report: Christian Dior Spring 2016 Couture

Christian Dior presented their first collection since the resignation of former creative director Raf Simons. Under Simons we saw Dior take a turn towards a more modern woman as it's clientele and that was still the case as the in-house atelier teams (headed by premieres Lucie Meier and Serge Ruffieux) presented the Spring 2016 Couture collection. The silhouettes still rang out with youthful modernization but with a little bit more flair than the streamlined looks of Raf. Flamenco ruffles were found on blouses, cocktail dresses, jackets, and skirts in a variety of different ways. I was seriously disappointed that there wasn't a single grand gown to kinda lead me towards what Dior spokesmodels Jennifer Lawrence and Charlize Theron will be wearing for the Oscars next month, while I was pretty much expecting custom gowns anyway I wish I could have had something to include in my red carpet wish lists for them. My favorite look was the yellow riffled beaded top and black and white beaded skinny pants which scream of the modern couture that Dior is headed toward and would look fantastic on the back of the likes of Zoe Kravitz or Solange Knowles. Nicole Kidman, Emma Stone, Cate Blanchett, Emilia Clarke, Chloe Grace Moretz, Emma Watson, Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Bosworth, Zoe Saldana, Natalie Portman, Rihanna, Charlize Theron, Daisy Ridley, Tilda Swinton, Rooney Mara and Marion Cotillard are just some of the women that I can picture making this collection work on the red carpet. 

I have been pinning all the collections on my Pinterest page with my immediate wishes of who I would die to see wearing these stunning couture creations, so to get more of an idea of who I want to wear what from the collections I would head over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment