Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Runway Report: Elie Saab Spring 2016 Couture

For Spring 2016 Couture Elie Saab took us on a journey to India. I go back and forth on my position on this collection. There are undoubtedly a bevy of extremely glamorous gowns and cocktail dresses in this collection (which we always expect from Elie Saab), but I found some of the looks presented to be sloppy. Some of the pant looks, tucked into embellished high combat boots remind me of looks that one would wear to Coachella or Glastonbury. These are not places I would normally think of when I think of Haute Couture. One question I have for this collection I have is will L'Oreal Paris spokesmodels, Bollywood superstars, and Elie Saab fans Aishwarya Rai and Sonam Kapoor take this collection and wear it on the red carpet during Cannes? Each usually takes a red carpet and does wear some sort of traditional Indian dress but will they wear a sari inspired gown from a Lebanese based couture designer? I don't quite know. I would love to see one of my favorite red carpet ladies, Diane Kruger, wearing the tan beaded fringe gown on a red carpet. I think that Diane is one of the few women who has the red carpet presence to make such a bold gown work on the red carpet. Other women I can picture wearing this collection on the red carpet include (but is not limited to) Lucy Liu, Rita Ora, Nicole Kidman, Florence Welch, Uma Thurman, Eva Longoria, Fan Bingbing, Sarah Jessica Parker, Emmy Rossum, Judi Dench, Jennifer Lopez, Helen Mirren, Emma Watson, Naomi Watts, Jessica Chastain, Elizabeth Banks, Cate Blanchett, and Emma Stone.

I have been pinning all the collections on my Pinterest page with my immediate wishes of who I would die to see wearing these stunning couture creations, so to get more of an idea of who I want to wear what from the collections I would head over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment