Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

2016 Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 4

Following her stunning white Yves Saint Laurent Couture goddess gown at the Golden Globe Awards and the announcement of her Academy Award nomination I expect that we will only see Saoirse on her top form from here on out. I was starting to doubt if I was actually going to like anything that the young Irish-American actress was going to wear on the red carpet but I am keeping my fingers crossed that we have come past that point. Nominated for Best Actress at the Critics Choice Awards on Sunday I am hoping that Saoirse will break out some Chanel Couture for the red carpet. I would love to see Saoirse wearing this army green tulle Chanel Fall 2015 Couture full skirted cocktail dress with gold beaded embroidery on the bodice. While Saoirse has never worn a couture look from Chanel on a red carpet, what better time is there than for the race to the Oscars? Finished with a simple pair of gold sandals, a sleek up-do, and a fresh face of makeup and this will be a triumphant moment for Saoirse in her first Chanel Couture.
Sarah Paulson is not usually one of my favorites to see step out on a red carpet, I tend to find her stiff and standard. I am hoping that for the Critics Choice Awards that she softens her look just a little. With a well deserved Best Supporting Actress in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series nomination for her role as Sally on American Horror Story: Hotel I am hoping that Sarah will give me a wonderful red carpet moment. I picked this tea rose Prabal Gurung Spring 2016 RTW ensemble which consists of a crepe de chine draped halter blouse and chiffon fit to flare evening skirt. I think that this relaxed look is more Sarah's speed, and the last time she wore Prabal at the 2015 Emmys she looked amazing, so I think that she could make this look work on the Critics red carpet. I would keep the styling chic and elegant with a gold clutch, a pair of gold peep toe pumps, a wavy hairstyle and a pink lip to ensure that Sarah looks beautiful on the red carpet. 
Riding on the coattails of her Golden Globe Awards win for her role as Cookie on Empire I am sure that we will see Taraji P. Henson on the red carpet Sunday at the Critics Choice awards where she is nominated for the same role. Taraji is known now for not leaving Cookie on the floor when shooting is done giving us diva-Cookie-realness on the red carpet at all times. I am starting to give up on expecting her to give us glamour but I am hoping that she learns how to finesse her looks. At the Globes her Stella McCartney gown was stunning but where it should have been fitted perfectly it looked like it was bulging and that put me off from liking the look. If Taraji were to wear this black Mugler Spring 2016 RTW gown which sheath silhouette with a metal embellished v-neckline, leather detailing, and a front split I would be praying that she made sure that she has a good pair of spanks on. This gown gives us that glamorous sex siren style that Taraji is in favor of and I think that she could pull it off. A light lined eye, a red lip, a black Rauwolf clutch, and a pair of strappy black sandals would ensure that this is a great look for Taraji on the red carpet.
I am still trying to get a handle on what Tracee Ellis Ross's red carpet style really is. I have seen so many different types of looks on the Black-ish star but none that have seemed truly genuine. For the Critics Choice Awards I picked this gardenia white Elie Saab Spring 2016 RTW gown rendered in lace and features an a-line silhouette with a jewel neckline and an alternating geometric and floral pattern. I think that this chic more casual side of glamour is more Tracee's MO as the high glamour thing made her look uncomfortable. I think that with such a chic gown like this that Tracee would have a hard time not enjoying wearing it on the red carpet. Finish in a very chic way with a Rafe New York 'Sara' minaudiere (which is made of blacktab shell, blacklip mother of pearl, and white hammershell set in a brass inlay) to add some more visual interest, a pair of gold sandals, a red lip and a chic updo to ensure that this look is Critics Choice Awards red carpet ready.
Rounding out my wish lists for the 2016 Critics Choice Awards red carpet is Best Actress in a Drama Series nominee for How To Get Away With Murder's Viola Davis. I think that Viola has a lot of ups and downs on the red carpet. The Marchesa gown that she wore to the Golden Globe Awards this past Sunday was a little too much for her as I think simpler silhouettes tend to work better on Viola. I picked this white J. Mendel Pre-Fall 2016 halter gown which features black corded detailing and a flowing skirt because I think that this gown is simple enough with just the right amount of detailing to give Viola one of her best looks on a red carpet ever. Finish with a white Jimmy Choo Tube Clutch, a pair of black sandals, a red lip, curly bob, and diamond cluster earrings and this would be a personal best for Viola.

No comments:

Post a Comment