Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series Drama Nominees Wish List

We are now six days out from the 2016 Golden Globe Awards! I am excited and we are moving on to the television nominees today! I am extremely to see that Outlander star Caitriona Balfe is nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series Drama. I have been following Caitriona and her beautiful bold style. She really love a dramatic color on the red carpet but for her first red carpet where she is nominated I picked this Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 black and rose pink guipure lace sweetheart neck sheath gown. I love how this gown mixes elegant glamour and sex appeal. The patchwork design just adds to the romanticism of this look. Caitriona is 5'10" and I think that this romantic gown would be a beautiful romantic moment on the red carpet, making a different kind of statement. Finished with old Hollywood waves, a black clutch, a pair of black sandals, a red lip, and a pair of diamond chandelier earring and this look is red carpet ready.
A few years ago I would have been really excited to see Eva Green on the red carpet, now I am not because I think she sucks the life out of her looks on the red carpet. Most people wear Elie Saab Couture and I am falling over with how beautiful it is, Eva puts me to sleep. I think that is why I chose to put her in this black long sleeve Pamella Roland Pre-Fall 2016 gown which features a beaded waist and keyhole neck for the Golden Globes red carpet, where Eva is nominated thanks to Penny Dreadful. I think that sticking to black and moody will work best for Eva as I tend to see her in more vampy type of looks. A chic vintage inspired up-do, a red lip, a black clutch, and a pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps would help me not fall asleep looking at her.
I am almost not expecting Robin Wright, who is nominated thanks to House of Cards, to even show up to the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday (she skipped the Emmy's). If she does I am sure that her look will be white, nude, or black and I am picking the former. I think that Robin would rock the hell out of the red carpet in an unconventional way wearing this white Christian Dior Spring 2015 Couture long sleeve, pailette embellished tunic and tapered pants. What I think I love about this look is that while it is unconventional that it is still incredibly formal and ultra chic in a very modern way. This is the new standard of red carpet dressing, not always an embellished gown but something that makes people talk. This paired with white pumps, a white Edie Parker clutch, side slicked pixie, a pink lip, and a diamond earcuff and Robin would have a major red carpet moment on her hands.
I am already figuring that Taraji P. Henson is going to be bringing a lot of sexy to the red carpet at the 2016 Golden Globe Awards. The Empire star works the sex kitten style her character, who shes nominated for playing, wears on the show on the red carpet too and I am hoping that she will give it a rest. I would love to see Taraji wearing this oil slick colored Armani Prive Fall 2015 Couture strapless peplum ball gown. I think that this gown is sexy but without being too much at one time, the perfect look for Taraji to wear on the red carpet at the Golden Globes. Vintage inspired bob, a pink lip, diamond drop earrings, a diamond bracelet, a black satin clutch, and a pair of black sandals will ensure that Taraji has a wonderful red carpet moment on the Globes red carpet.
I am predicting that Viola Davis will take home the Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series Drama for her role on How To Get Away With Murder at the Golden Globes on Sunday night. I either get really excited or really bored by Viola on the red carpet and the last time that I was excited about one of her looks was at last years Golden Globe Awards when she wore a stunning red Donna Karan Atelier gown. I am hoping that she brings another WOW moment to the red carpet on Sunday and I think that this grey illusion tulle Marchesa Pre-Fall 2016 embroidered organza a-line gown would do just that. I love the soft romanticism of this look and I think that if Viola played that up with a vintage inspired bob, a pink lip, a metallic grey Edie Parker clutch, gunmetal Jimmy Choo sandals, and diamond drop earrings that I would fall head over heels in love with this look on the red carpet. 

I will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment