Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

2016 Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 1

The Golden Globes are officially over, now it is time to move on to the next awards show of the season, the Critics Choice Awards. The 2016 Critics Choice Awards are on Sunday night and it is looking like it is going to be celebrity packed. This year the critics are combining the movie and television awards into one ceremony and with the star power I am excited to see which stars will show up. Alicia showed up to the Golden Globe Awards in a beautiful white sequined Louis Vuitton gown, proving that she continues to be the best brand ambassador for the brand, and I am quite intriguer to see what she will wear for the Critics Choice Awards this weekend. I love that Alicia has had many looks this red carpet season so far and yet only two have come from LV and I expect that she won't wear LV exclusively the whole season. For the Critics Choice Awards I would love to see Alicia wear this coral, red, purple, and black Alexis Mabille Pre-Fall 2016 Pre-Fall 2016 lace gown. There is a lot going on in this gown and it would take someone with a relaxed sophistication to make this work on a red carpet and I think that Alicia has exactly that type of look. The styling for this look should be kept extremely simple with just a chic updo, small diamond drop earrings, and a pair of black sandals finishing the look.
Brie Larson has been the breakout star this awards season. I knew Alicia would wow me but Brie had never really garnered any attention from me in the past, until the start of this year. Her golden Calvin Klein moment at the Golden Globes was one for her record books and I hope to continue to see her grow as a red carpet star. For the Critics Choice Awards on Sunday I would love to see Brie wearing this red Monique Lhuillier Spring 2016 RTW strapless peplum blouse and coral floral embroidered skirt. I think Brie would look incredibly chic wearing this gown on the red carpet but I am more feeling like she would show up wearing a custom gown by Michael Kors, Lanvin, Marc Jacobs, or J. Mendel. If she were to wear this gown I would pair it with a red and gold Roger Vivier clutch, like the one Emmy Rossum carried at the Golden Globe Awards, a pair of gold pump, hair worn up, and a pink lip to keep the elegant nature of the gown going.
I got really excited at the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala when Cate Blanchett stepped out in an amazing custom Marc Jacobs gown because I thought that the red carpet queen was back, but then her pale pink fringed Givenchy Couture gown at the Golden Globe Awards happened. I have been on this roller coaster with Cate and I really want to see her back on top form. For the Critics Choice Awards I would love to see Cate wearing this roman armor inspired Valentino Fall 2015 Couture gold gown which features touches of red and black. Not many could make such a gown work off the red carpet and not have it come across looking like a costume, but I know that Cate has it inside her to make this look like she is a fierce warrior goddess. Finished with a sleek gold clutch, a pair of gold sandals, a sleek hairstyle and a red lip and this look could be a personal best for Cate.
Charlize Theron has not been on the red carpet at any of the awards events where her film Mad Max: Fury Road has been honored but I am hoping that Sunday at the Critics Choice Awards, where she is nominated for Best Actress and Best Actress in an Action Movie, that she will finally step out. As a Dior lady I am sure that Charlize will step out wearing the brand and I am hoping for a beautiful moment. I think that this yellow patterned Christian Dior Fall 2015 Couture column gown with a daring plunge would be perfect for this red carpet on Charlize. I love that this gown perfectly mashes together bohemian glamour and haute couture, which I think Charlize would look so effortlessly chic in. Loose waves, sun kissed makeup, a yellow Roger Vivier clutch, and a pair of gold sandals would finish this look off perfectly to ensure that Charlize just glows on the red carpet.
I am really hoping that Emily Blunt, who is nominated for Best Actress in an Action Movie, will be on the red carpet Sunday night at the Critics Choice Awards. Emily Blunt is one of my favorite ladies to see on the red carpet because she always has this very chic glamour and I am really hoping she will be bringing it to the red carpet. I picked this chic pale pin and gold embroidered Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture ethereal gown for Emily because it has been a long time since she has had an ethereal moment and this gown is perfect for this red carpet. A chic romantic updo, a pink lip, a gold clutch, and gold sandals would just add the perfect finishing touches to this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment