Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Runway Report: Givenchy Spring 2016 Couture

Riccardo Tisci showcased his Spring 2016 Couture collection for Givenchy during Paris Fashion Week: Men's keeping with tradition that started last summer. I get excited to see all the new menswear clothes that I ogle and fawn over and then add couture and I am usually lusting over the collections. While the couture collection might have only been 12 looks they were 12 amazing looks full of absolutely beautiful details. I am happy Riccardo is showing couture on the runway and I am hoping that sometime soon he will return to the couture circuit and deliver a full runway collection during haute couture fashion week. No two looks in this collection were similar and I can see a bevy of Givenchy loyalists like Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Lea Seydoux, Rooney Mara, Rihanna, Amber Heard, Ciara, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Florence, Beyonce and Naomi Watts on the red carpet. I would most like to see Jessica Chastain wearing the chartreuse sequined gown with a halter neck and side cutouts, maybe for the Vanity Fair Oscars After-Party? While I am sure that most of these looks will be left to couture clientele I am hoping that a few of them make it onto a red carpet.

I have been pinning all the collections on my Pinterest page with my immediate wishes of who I would die to see wearing these stunning couture creations, so to get more of an idea of who I want to wear what from the collections I would head over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment