Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy Nominees Wish List

Amy Schumer is one that I usually bypass on the red carpet. She has been stuck in what I call the "Lena Dunham Syndrome" where she has to figure out the types of looks and poses that flatter her figure, and she just hasn't done that yet. For the 2016 Golden Globe Awards next Sunday I would love to see Amy, who's nominated thanks to her film Trainwreck, wearing this red Romona Kevesa Spring 2016 RTW corset style mermaid gown. I think that this fitted, sexy gown would look amazing on Amy's curves. That is the problem with Amy and high fashion. High fashion brands don't often take curves into account and Amy is got that Marilyn Monroe type of a figure, bombshell. The other thing that usually doesn't add up with Amy's red carpet looks is her hair. The rats nest that she had on the top of her head whilst wearing custom Zac Posen at the Emmy Awards prevented her from making best dressed lists, so I am hoping that at the Globes that Amy will give something perfect for this look. I would be happy if Amy copied that lookbooks beauty styling with a tight high sleek ponytail and coal rimmed eyes. I would just add red pumps, a red Edie Parker clutch, borrowed diamond drop earrings,& a red lip to ensure that Amy has her first major red carpet moment.
Will Jennifer Lawrence wear Christian Dior on the Golden Globe Awards red carpet? That is the question that is on everyone's mind. My guess is that the actress, who's performance in Joy earned her a nomination, will be in the French couture brand out of contractual obligation. With the exit of Raf Simons I don't know if we will see JLaw in one of his runway creations or something that is custom made for her by the in house design team. Since I can't necessarily predict a custom gown, and all the custom gowns she has worn recently have been lackluster, I looked back to the Christian Dior Fall 2015 Couture collection and this chic simple white sleeveless gown which features a barely shear skirt and a bodice that is subtly embroidered. This is a chic glam look that I have been missing from JLaw and I am really hoping that she gets back to her best for Awards Season, though I am not holding my breath. Her new stylist's suck and I wish she would jump ship to someone like Elizabeth Stewart (who dresses Cate Blanchett), Kate Young (Sienna Miller/Dakota Johnson), or Michaela Erlanger (Lupita Nyong'o). This look finished with a pair of silver sandals, a silver clutch, diamond drop earrings, a pink lip, and a vintage inspired bob would see Jennifer back in my good graces.
Finally I have a wish for funny girl and SPY actress Melissa McCarthy. I am hoping that the plus-sized actress actually puts some thought into her red carpet look. Most of the brands that I would put Melissa in didn't have anything that I could picture her wearing on the runways but I know they would whip up something fabulous and custom for the actress. I would love to see Melissa is a custom Marchesa or Tadashi Shoji gown for this red carpet but alas there wasn't anything from either brand from their runways or look book's that really spoke to me. I picked this Escada Pre-Fall 2015 ensemble because it is something that I can picture Melissa wearing on a red carpet, I don't necessarily think that this is the right type of look for the Globes, it is more of a SAG look, but If she tucked the blue top into the black silk high low skirt; and added a diamond necklace, old Hollywood Waves, a silver Edie Parker clutch, and a pair of Christian Louboutin black pumps this look might be able to be elevated to a Globes worthy red carpet look. 

I will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment