Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Runway Report: Burberry Fall 2016 Menswear

I followed Burberry on Snapchat over the days leading up to, and the day of, the Fall 2016 Menswear presentation. They told a story of how they created the collection with the idea traditionally laid out from wedding's with "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." We saw creative director Christopher Bailey take the Burberry classics, the trench coat and plaid check, and reienvent them into all new styles. For the something borrowed Bailey seemed to take an interest in the pop star street style from Asia mixing sequins with bold blue and red to create track suit style jackets. I did miss the signature classic Burberry tailoring but it was nice to see something just a little different come down the runway while still holding true to the codes of the historic fashion house. I was not a fan of the satchel bags that were paired with some of the looks since I think that they are too small to be functional in day to day life of a Burberry man, but I did love the sneakers that Bailey paired with almost every look. While this might not be my favorite Burberry collection ever there are still quite a few pieces that I covet.
Burberry Fall 2016 Menswear

No comments:

Post a Comment