Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries Nominees Wish List

We are just 5 days away from the Golden Globe Awards! I am so excited to see all the amazing looks that are going to gracing the red carpets, today I am making my wishes for the very talented women who are nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Movie or Miniseries. Up first is American Crime star Felicity Huffman. I can't honestly say that I am expecting Felicity to wow me, it has been a long time since that has happened, but I am sure that she will wear something very pretty. I think that this tangerine Jenny Packham Resort 2016 chiffon halter gown with a neck scarf would be a perfect choice for Felicity to make for this red carpet. I think that by choosing something in such an interesting color will keep me more interested than a dramatic gown in black (which is what I am expecting). I think that the color would compliment her skin tone, as well as her new darker hair. Finished with a  gold clutch, a chic up-do, pink lip, and a pair of gold pumps and this look will be exactly what Felicity needs to get me a little interested in her style again.
I am incredibly excited that Kirsten Dunst has earned a Golden Globe nomination, thanks to Fargo, not because I watch the show but because I love her on the red carpet. Kirsten knows how to work some of the brands known for their edgy designs like Rodarte, Chanel Couture, and Proenza Schouler on the red carpet and I am hoping that she brings one of those brands to the red carpet on Sunday. I would die if she showed up in this black and white Rodarte Spring 2016 RTW silk velvet lace gown with its stunning navy floral embroidery. I think that this gown reminds me of a bygone era and Kirsten is one of the few who I could picture making this gown work off the runway because of that vintage spirit she possesses. With her pale skin, a red lip, vintage inspired hair, diamond drop earrings, a white Edie Parker clutch, and a pair of silver sandals this look would just elevate to a whole other level of red carpet beauty.
I was a little shocked that Lady Gaga was actually nominated for her work on American Horror Story: Hotel, but I am very excited that she is going to be on hand. We have seen a more toned down, by Gaga standards at least, version of Lady Gaga since she has been on the show and I am pretty sure that more demure glam side will be out on display on Sunday night. I honestly predict that Gaga will be wearing a custom gown from one of her fabulous designer friends like Tom Ford, Brandon Maxwell, or Donatella Versace. I personally would love to see Gaga wearing this jet black Alexander Wang Pre-Fall 2016 crepe jersey gown which features a racer design neckline, a ruched bodice with grommeted leather trim, and a floor length pleated column skirt. While this look is very subtle, maybe a little too subtle for Gaga since she is actually nominated, I think that it has that rocker edge with the leather grommeted trim that it could make the cut. I think that if she took this look and went full Hollywood with old Hollywood waves, a red lip, diamond chandelier earrings, and a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps that Gaga would slay the Globes red carpet.
I find Queen Latifah to be a delight to see on the red carpet. She might stick to a small group of designers but she always look beautiful. I am hoping that the Bessie actress will really bring it to the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday and I think that she would do exactly that wearing this dark teal Zuhair Murad Fall 2015 Couture halter cape embellished gown. I think that any type of Zuhair Murad cape gown will be compared to JLo at last years Globes but I think that this gown is very different with its fitted sheath gown and cape sleeves. I feel like this is a statement that Queen Latifah has never made on the red carpet and I think that it has a lot of red carpet potential. Finished with a gold clutch, a pair of gold peep toe pumps, chic up-do, and a fierce eye and this look will for sure keep Queen Latifah on the top of Best Dressed Lists. 

I will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment