Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Presenter & Plus One Wish List

Heading to the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night will be Televovela star and creator Eva Longoria. I have to say that Eva is either really good for me or she completely misses the mark, and she usually only hits the mark at the Cannes Film Festival. I am hoping though that when she steps out to present at the Globes that she is on point. I would love to see Eva get her hands on this vermilion orange Prabal Gurung Spring 2016 RTW gown with a velvet halter blouse and silk chiffon skirt. I think that this bold color, yet very sleek, gown would make for such a magical modern red carpet moment. Not every look that takes to a red carpet has to exude old Hollywood glamour, and while Eva does know how to work old Hollywood I would love to see her give us something a little different on the red carpet. I would pair this gown with a pair of strappy gold sandals, sun-kissed makeup, and a sleek pony tail to give Eva a modern glam moment on the Golden Globes red carpet.
Jada Pinkett Smith will most likely be on the red carpet on Sunday night on the arm of her husband, and Best Performance by a Motion Picture - Drama nominee, Will Smith. I used to love seeing Jada on the red carpet but with a lot of the looks that she wore on the red carpet at the end of 2015 just made me cringe. I am hoping that sexy, yet not trying to hard, Jada is back on Sunday night. I think that this simple white Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2016 RTW spaghetti strap gown with a plunging neckline, gold embellished waist detail, and central split would be just what I would love to see Jada wearing as she supports the man she loves. This simple gown is perfect since Jada would just be attending as Will's plus one and not a nominee, supporting a show or film she is in, or presenting. Finish this look with a gold Edie Parker clutch, a pair of strappy Christian Louboutin sandals, and a red lip and Jada will be sexy and sophisticated on the Globes red carpet.
Jenna Dewan-Tatum is always one of the best dressed plus one's that takes to the red carpets when she is on the arm of her husband Channing Tatum, who's presenting on Sunday night. I was a little less than enthused with the sheer lace Marchesa gown that Jenna wore to the premiere of Channing's latest film The Hateful Eight, so I am hoping that she will be a little more clothed at the Golden Globe Awards. I think that this raspberry pink Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2016 one shouldered draped gown, while almost a red carpet standard, is something that Jenna would look exceptional wearing on the red carpet. This gown is chic and elegant while not being anything too much. Finished with a silver clutch, a pair of silver sandals, a red lip, chic updo, and a pair of dazzling diamond earrings will finish this look off perfectly for the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards.
I am very nervous about what Jennifer Lopez is going to wear on the red carpet when she shows up to present at the Golden Globe Awards. Last year she brought a lot of drama via a caped Zuhair Murad caped gown (which one could say was too much) and then as the year went on her gowns started having less and less fabric. I always believe that the film and television awards are glamour required and the gowns that JLo has been wearing have been more on the tacky side than glamorous side. I went into the Zuhair Murad archives and picked this forest green Fall 2013 Couture strapless pleated gown. I love this gown and I would love to see it on the red carpet and I think that Jennifer would exude her sexy glamour, without looking tacky, wearing this stunning creation. A matching clutch and gunmetal silver sandals, along with old Hollywood waves, a smoky eye, and a pair of diamond cluster earrings would ensure that this is a JLo look to remember.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is another that I have a love or hate type of relationship with on the red carpet. Usually I enjoy her at the big awards shows, but she often picks looks that fade into the background. I am hoping that she brings her a-game to the red carpet at the Golden Globes on Sunday where she is going to be on hand as a presenter. I picked this chic winter white Ralph Lauren Pre-Fall 2016 high bow detailed neck, long sleeved column gown for Maggie to wear. This is a modern yet classic type of look with no muss or fuss which I think Maggie would appreciate. With such a simple classic look I think that this gown would be perfectly styled with a gold Prada clutch, a pair of gold Prada sandals, a vintage inspired style for her bob, a red lip, and a pair of yellow gold set Van Cleef & Arpels diamond earrings for Maggie's Golden Globe red carpet moment.
Naomi Watts will most likely be on the arm of her husband, Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama nominee, Liev Schreiber at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday night. At the 2015 Emmy Awards Naomi played this same role wearing a Dior Couture cocktail dress which failed to impress or excite. I would keep her look simple, as she is not the focus of the night I think that something like this silver Saint Laurent Spring 2016 RTW embellished gown would be a perfect choice for her. I think that Naomi would shine bright like a diamond and play the part of the perfect plus one in this simmering gown which is not overly fussy and elegant. Styled with a sleek silver clutch, a pair of silver sandals, sleek hair, red lip, and a pair of diamond drop earrings this look could contend for best dressed against some of the nominees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment