Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Marie Claire Image Maker Awards Red Carpet Wish List

Marie Claire is pioneering an awards show that honors all of the people that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make your favorite red carpet stars look the best that they can. The 1st Annual Marie Claire Image Awards is on tomorrow and a bevy of different stars are scheduled to turn out to honor the people that make them even more beautiful. Jennifer Garner is going to be on hand to honor her hair stylist Adir Abergel with the Choice Hair Stylist award. I am intrigued to see what Jennifer will end up wearing on the red carpet. We have not seen much of her on the red carpet since her split with Ben Affleck, and I thought her best looks came when she was supporting him, so I am interested to see what she will show up wearing. I think that this pale cherry blossom pink J. Mendel Spring 2016 micro-pleated silk chiffon strapless handkerchief cocktail dress would make for a perfect red carpet moment for Jenn. Since she is going to be honoring her hairstylist I am expecting some gorgeous voluminous waves that with a pink lip, a pair of gold sandals and a gold clutch would be the perfect finishing touches for this red carpet look.
Jessica Biel will be honoring her colorist Tracey Cunningham as Detail Maker award at the Marie Claire Image Maker awards tomorrow night. I tend to think that Jessica Biel overcooks her red carpet looks. Her blush Monse gown at the 2015 Baby2Baby Gala (pictured L) is a perfect example. The sleeves had too much volume, the clutch was unneeded, and the necklace almost seemed out of place, so I am hoping that at the Image Maker Awards that Jessica is 100% on point. I picked this black Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW chiffon and lace bead embroidered a-line cocktail dress for Jessica because it has a lot of chic details which I think she would love. I don't think that this is the type of event where crazy couture is going to come into play and this dress would look beautiful on Jessica. Add a little spice to this look with an Edie Parker black and rainbow confetti striped 'Jean' clutch and a pair of Christian Louboutin 'Tiny' sandals and Jessica will have an amazing look.
Kristen Stewart will be honoring her make-up artist Jillian Dempsey with the Choice Makeup Artist. I might fall a little in the not understanding this award as Kristen tends to have a very heavy makeup that doesn't go with her look, but we are not here to question the honorees. Since the presentation Kristen Stewart has worn 3 looks from the Chanel Pre-Fall 2016 collection, and none of them have lived up to anything. I'm pretty sure that Kirsten will wear another Chanel frock on the red carpet and I am going to give this collection one last shot. I think that this strapless white silk top and black leather pencil skirt would look extremely chic on Kristen, which isn't a term I associate with her very often. I think that this look mixes Kristen's love of edge and Chanel's classic elegance. What I am really hoping for is that Kristen ditches the Chanel Pre-Fall 2016 pointed to mule shoes that she has been wearing a lot recently. I think that they have taken down each of her red carpet looks. A pair of black lace Christian Louboutin 'Magicadiva' pumps, tousled bob, and a red lip would make this a perfect red carpet look for Kristen.
Finally Lupita Nyong'o will be at the Marie Claire Image Maker Awards to giver her stylist Micaela Erlanger the Choice Stylist award. Lupita made my Best Dressed of the Year list wearing a BOSS ensemble and I have loved all of the looks that the pair has made on the red carpet. What I have been missing lately has been Lupita's signature love of color and I think that this occasion would be a perfect opportunity for her to break out the bold color again. I think that Lupita would look amazingly elegant wearing this pleated electric blue BOSS Spring 20166 RTW cocktail dress for this red carpet. Another of Lupita's signature style accents is adding bold accessories to hear already bold outfits. I would pair this look with a pair of black and white daisy printed Paul Andrew 'Zenadia' pumps, a red lip, and a blue lined eye to just make this look as magical as it could possibly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment