Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Runway Report: Louis Leeman Fall 2016

I had never heard of the name Louis Leeman until I stumbled across a pair of alpine pattern crystal encrusted slippers from his Fall 2016 Presentation during the London Collection's Men's while I was scrolling through Instagram. I started looking further into the brand and I was taken aback by how creative this man is in the design of men's shoes, he has not launched a women's line. While looking at this collection, whose inspiration was skiing in the alps, I found myself asking the question "if these are options then why are not more male celebrities wearing a statement shoe on the red carpet?" I think that if we are going to continue to see standard black, grey, or blue tuxedos on the red carpet then why not top it off with a pair of crystal encrusted shoes or a pair of dress slippers with a golden metal toe cap? I personally want everything from this collection (I'm a 9.5 for anyone who wants to buy me a pair) and I would kill to see these type of shoes on the feet of male celebrities on every red carpet. The alpine print shoes would be perfect for an ugly sweater Christmas part for the fashionable male who shudders at the idea of wearing an ugly sweater, so would the pair that are pictured above. I can't wait to see this label continue to grow and keep questioning why men's shoes have to be boring.
Louis Leeman Fall 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment