Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 2

I was underwhelmed (as per usual) by Eva Green on the Golden Globes red carpet this past weekend (even though she was wearing Elie Saab Couture) and I am going to give her one more chance to redeem herself at the Critics Choice Awards on Sunday night. Nominated for Best Actress in a Drama Series for her Showtime series Penny Dreadful I would love to see Eva wearing some color on the red carpet so that mean she would most likely wear a jewel tone so why not this ruby red Jenny Packham Resort 2016 batwing beaded gown? I think that the relaxed glamour of this silhouette (and it's color being one that Eva prefers) is exactly what I would love to see Eva wearing on the Critics Choice red carpet. Where this look that the potential to go bad is in the styling. A pair of black sandals, old Hollywood waves, a red lip, and a pair of diamond drop earrings would ensure that Eva has a top notch look on the Critics Choice Awards red carpet.
We haven't seen Hayden Panettiere on the red carpet in a hot minute and I am interested to see if she is going to show up at the Critics Choice Awards this weekend where she is nominated for Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for the hit ABC show Nashville. This would be Hayden's first major red carpet since she gave birth and what better platform to show off a rocking post-baby body? I think that this lemon yellow Naeem Khan Spring 2016 RTW twisted halter silk chiffon gown would look amazing on Hayden for this red carpet. I love that the bodice is fitted and flares out ethereally from the hips. A chic classic silhouette in a bold color is a perfect way to get back into the red carpet game. Finish this look with a pair of gold sandals, a yellow clutch, and a pair of yellow diamond earrings to ensure that Hayden has a beautiful red carpet look at the Critics Choice Awards.
The ever elegant Helen Mirren is nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Critics Choice Movie Awards thanks to her work on the film Trumbo. I always find delight in Helen's formal red carpet ensembles and I am sure that her gown for the Critics Choice Awards. I picked this navy blue and black Akris Pre-Fall 2016 a-line embellished sleeveless gown for Helen to wear on the red carpet. Akris is not usually a brand that we see Helen wearing on the red carpet but I think that this gown would look amazing on her. I would imagine that Helen would have navy blue sheer sleeves added to this look to make it a little more sophisticated for her. If Helen finished this look with a pair of diamond and sapphire earrings, a navy clutch, navy pumps, and a red lip this could possibly be one of my favorite looks from the 70 year old actress.
Jennifer Lawrence delivered her best ever look on the red carpet at the Golden Globe Awards this past week so I have a high expectation for her at the Critics Choice Awards. The actress, who won the Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical/Comedy at the Globes, is nominated for Best Actress and Best Actress in a Comedy for Joy and Best Actress in an Action Movie for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 and I am really hoping she wow's me. I picked this gold Cushnie Et Ochs Pre-Fall 2015 "Zahara" draped silk charmuse gown for JLaw to wear for the Critics red carpet. While not as impact making as her red Dior Couture from the Globes this gown is chic and elegant, with a dash of refined glamour which is perfect for the Critics Choice Awards red carpet. Keeping the look ever glamorous with a pair of yellow diamond drop earrings, a gold clutch, a pair of gold sandals, chic waves, and a fresh face of makeup will ensure that Jennifer keeps up a great red carpet streak.
Finally for today is my wish for Critics Choice Award nominee for Best Supporting Actress, and Golden Globe Award winning, Kate Winslet. I tend to get bored of Kate on the red carpet. She has a very cut and dry standard of wearing fitted looks on the red carpet (which she strays from very rarely) and I don't see that changing anytime soon. With that in mind I would still very much love to see Kate wear this emerald Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2016 double face duchesse satin strapless gown which features a mermaid silhouette with a structured bodice and a curved neckline. It has been a hot minute since I remember seeing Kate wearing a Zac Posen gown which surprises me because their red carpet MO's are the same. Keep the look chic with old Hollywood waves over one shoulder, a red lip, diamond drop earrings, and a pair of dyed to match pumps would ensure that Kate doesn't bore me on the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment