Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Runway Report: Valentino Spring 2016 Couture

Valentino, designed by Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, was my absolute favorite collection from all of all the Spring 2016 Couture collections. It was the same flowing Valentino that has become the houses new signature but with a different air about it this season. I loved the turn of the century/1920's inspiration that flowed through the collection. I found myself seeing a lot of pieces inspired by the work of couturier Paul Poiret (you can see some of his work here). I also loved that the models walked the rose petal strewn runway in the grand salons of the Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild. With some of the looks took me back to the days of ancient Greece and Rome with the toga like flowing silhouettes in everything from bold reds to ethereal whites. My favorite look from the collection was the red and burnt orange gown (pictured far left) which I can picture someone like Alicia Vikander wearing with such effortless ease. Other women I can picture wearing this collection on the red carpet are Eva Longoria, Cate Blanchett, Emma Stone, Gwyneth Paltrow, Julianne Moore, Amber Heard, Diane Kruger, Elisabeth Moss, Tilda Swinton, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Jessica Chastain, Lady Gaga, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Claire Danes, Emma Watson, Olivia Palermo, Tessa Thompson, Saoirse Ronan, Keira Knightley, Sarah Jessica Parker, Olivia Wilde, Lupita Nyong'o, Michelle Dockery, Kiernan Shipka, Hilary Swank, and Zoe Kravitz. We will for sure see this collection on Oscar night, at the Met Ball, and the Cannes Film Festival and I am hoping a million red carpets in between.
I have been pinning all the collections on my Pinterest page with my immediate wishes of who I would die to see wearing these stunning couture creations, so to get more of an idea of who I want to wear what from the collections I would head over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment