Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016 Golden Globe Awards: Presenter Wish List Part 1

The Golden Globe Awards are only a few days away and the lists of presenters are starting to roll in. With each new tweet I get more and more excited, it seems like all of Hollywood is planing on turning out on Sunday. Amber Heard helped kick off awards season this past Saturday at the Palm Springs Film Festival Awards Gala, but I was sadly disappointed in her black lace Dolce & Gabbana gown which had a black bralet and a nude pencil skirt lining. I am praying that Amber really brings the sexy to the red carpet at the Globe's on Sunday and I think that she would rock the hell out of this champagne Ralph & Russo Fall 2015 Couture silk corseted gown with its off the shoulder neckline and draped skirt with a sexy split. This dress reminds me of a Grecian goddess and I believe that Amber would absolutely beautiful wearing this gown on the red carpet. Old Hollywood waves, a red lip, a gold Marchesa embellished clutch, a pair of Jimmy Choo gold 'Lance' sandals, and a pair of dazzling vintage yellow gold set Van Cleef & Arpels diamond earrings would make me fall in love with Amber on this red carpet.
 It was only Tuesday that the Antonio Berardi Pre-Fall 2016 collection was presented in London. I am hoping that this color and patterned blocked column gown will be on a plane on it's way to the back of Amy Adams for the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday. When I first saw this gown in the lookbook Amy immediately popped into my mind so when she was announced as a presenter at the Globes my mind went straight to this gown for her red carpet moment. Many stars don't take the risk of wearing patterns on the red carpet at these big red carpets but I think that this is done in such a chic and modern way that Amy would look amazing. The navy coloring in this gown would compliment Amy's peachy pink complexion and stand out against her flaming red locks. Finish the look with a black Rauwolf clutch, a pair of black Brian Atwood peep toe pumps, a red lip, old Hollywood waves, a pair of dazzling Cartier diamond earrings, and a Cartier diamond bracelet to make this the perfect look for the modern woman on a Hollywood red carpet.
At the 2015 Emmy Awards Jaimie Alexander set herself up to be a woman to watch on the red carpet wearing a custom Armani Prive multi-color long sleeved gown. I am excited to see what the Blindspot actress is going to wear on Sunday at the Golden Globe Awards. I would love to see her step out wearing this black and white velvet devore Zac Posen Spring 2016 RTW gown which features an inverted halter that drapes at the back, a relaxed floor length silhouette, and an exposed split at the back. This relaxed silhouette is something different for Jaimie who tends to stick to more fitted looks, but I think that this gown would look absolutely fantastic on her. This gown needs someone confident to wear it on the red carpet as many would get lost wearing this type of silhouette alone and add the print this is a downright difficult gown to wear. Finish this look with a vintage inspired bob, art-deco diamond drop earrings, a black clutch, and a pair of black Christian Louboutin sandals and this look is fantastic for Globes red carpet
So far Julianne Moore has been the hardest person to pick a gown for. I went through all of the recent and archived collections trying to pick something that just screamed Julianne, and I couldn't find a single thing. I am figuring that Julianne will wear a custom gown by one of her friends like Riccardo Tisci at Givenchy, Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel, or Tom Ford. I really hope so. If I had to pick a runway dress for Julianne it would be this Brandon Maxwell Spring 2016 RTW gown with its column silhouette and its dramatic train, but I would have it made in a bordeaux red or emerald green. While the black is dramatic on it's own (and a great backdrop for some amazing statement earrings) I would really love to see Julianne wearing color. I personally would love this in emerald with a gold clutch, yellow gold set Bulgari diamond and emerald earrings, a pair of gold pumps, chic updo, and a red lip to ensure that Julianne has a major moment on the Golden Globes red carpet Sunday night.
Kate Hudson was kinda difficult because almost every look that I said "OOOOOOO she would look great in that" was white, and I don't think that after having such a major white moment at the Golden Globe Awards last year that she will do that again so soon. When I scrolled past this gold short sleeve column silhouette Marchesa Pre-Fall 2016 Gown with a scalloped v-neckline and bugle beaded fringe detailing I mentally dressed Kate in it and my breath was taken away. Kate really does high fashion bohemian like no other on the red carpet and I think that this gown would just come to life on her. I would keep the gold laser cut Marchesa clutch that the gown was paired with on the runway and add a pair of gold Christian Louboutin sandals, a pink lip & a simple updo to finish this look off for Kate.
I am crazy excited that Olivia is going to be on the red carpet at the 2016 Golden Globe Awards on Sunday! Olivia has such a chic high glam type of look and she always leaves me speechless when she steps out. While she is not usually one to go big or go home I would love to see her wearing this Elie Saab Fall 2015 Couture wine red beaded spaghetti strap gown which features a caped back. The only reservation I can see someone having about wearing this gown on the Globes red carpet is the comparisons to the red caped Ralph Lauren gown that Lupita Nyong'o wore in 2014. Olivia has this modern glamour that would take this gown into such an elegant place and would definitely put her in contention for best dressed on this red carpet. 

I will be live tweeting the Golden Globe Awards red carpet with my partner in snark Kelly from Dream In Lace on Sunday January 8, 2016 starting a 6pm. Make sure you check out Kelly's blog and then follow us both (@DreamInLace and @FutureStylist93) on Twitter. Join in on the snark and the fashion of the first major awards show of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment