Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Runway Report: Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Spring 2016 Couture

I thought Alberta Ferretti's involvement with couture was a one off season for Fall 2015 so I was a little surprised when she released another collection of Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition for Spring 2016 Couture. Italian heiress and actress Marchesa Luisa Casati, yes the same woman who inspired the name of Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig's Marchesa collection, was the starting point for the Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Spring 2016 Couture collection. We were treated to a visual feast that spanned inspiration from almost every decade that Marchesa Luisa was alive. There was some turn of the century inspiration, 20's flappers, 30's and 40's glamour, and 50's volume and I would like to believe that this is what Marchesa Luisa's closet actually looked like at the end of her life. A collection rich in different textures, silhouettes, and varying levels of embellishment. My favorite look from the collection is the bronze fully embellished flapper dress (center) that I can pictured someone like Emma Stone having a fabulous red carpet moment in. Many of these gowns could grace the red carpets from the Oscars to the Met and on to Cannes and I can picture glamorous ladies like Diane Kruger, Jessica Chastain, Florence Welch, Naomi Watts, Hilary Swank, Kate Beckinsale, Elizabeth Banks, Nicole Kidman, and Nieves Alvarez also wearing this collection on the red carpet.

Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Spring 2016 Couture
I have been pinning all the collections on my Pinterest page with my immediate wishes of who I would die to see wearing these stunning couture creations, so to get more of an idea of who I want to wear what from the collections I would head over there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment