Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

2016 Critics Choice Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 3

I was really surprised that Kirsten Dunst opted for an all black velvet Valentino Couture gown for the Golden Globe Awards this past week, she looked beautiful but I was expecting something major from Rodarte. I am hoping that when Kirsten steps out for the Critics Choice Awards on Sunday that she gives me something interesting to look at. I picked this white cold shouldered Givenchy Pre-Fall 2016 embroidered gown. While Kirsten has never worn Givenchy in the past this gown is very much her type of look, classic with a bit of a twist. I love seeing Kirsten, with her peachy pink pale skin, wearing light colors and I think she would look so angelic wearing this white gown. Finished with a vintage inspired updo, a lined eye, red lip, diamond drop earrings, a silver clutch, and a pair of silver sandals and this look is ready for the Critics Choice Awards red carpet.
Krysten Ritter is one of the most underrated style stars in the red carpet world. There is very rarely a time when Krysten steps out on a red carpet and I don't love what she is wearing and I am sure that will be the case when she steps out on the red carpet Sunday night at the Critics Choice Awards. Krysten, who is nominated for Best Actress in a Drama Series for the Netflix series Jessica Jones, would look amazing wearing this black Carolina Herrera Spring 2016 RTW gown which features a deep v-neck, an a-line floor length skirt, and illusion seams throughout. This gown is elegant but extremely modern which is what I think would look amazing on Krysten on this red carpet. I don't expect to see the same type of big gowns we saw on the red carpet at the Globes. Styled with a Rauwolf violet 'Castellum' gemstone clutch, a pair of black sandals, old Hollywood waves, a smokey eye, and a pair of Chopard diamond drop earrings and Krysten will hold her own against some of the most revered red carpet stars.
Mary J. Blige is not one I usually get excited about when it comes to the red carpet. I tend to feel like her style is stuck in the 90s or early 2000's. I am interested to see what she would wear on the red carpet of the Critics Choice Awards where she is nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Movie Made for Television or Limited Series for The Wiz! Live. I decided to go with something a little more modern and edgy for Mary, since she is more of a recording artist than a TV star, by picking this white Jonathan Simkhai Pre-Fall 2016 3D mesh jumpsuit which features a one shoulder neckline with cascading ruffle trim, illusion cutout detailing, a fluid wide leg pant, and one ruffle slashed pant leg. I think that this is a perfect modern look for Mary to rock which still has a load of glamour, the wide leg pant and split mimic the idea of an evening. Finish the look with a sleek sliver metal clutch, a pair of Jimmy Choo silver 'Lance' sandals, and a pair of statement emerald and diamond drop earrings and this is a look that I can get behind for Mary.
I was one of the few who was not a fan of the Lanvin gown that Rachel McAdams wore to the Golden Globe Awards this past weekend and I am hoping for something better when she steps out for the Critics Choice Movie Awards. I picked this black Marchesa Notte Spring 2016 RTW gown which features cap sleeves, side cutouts, an open back, and gold embroidery on the stomach for Rachel who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress thanks to her role in the movie Spotlight. It has been a while since I have actually fully loved a look from Rachel and I would love to see her continue to get better and better, and I think that this gown would help her do exactly that. Finished with a Rauwolf black and gold lace "emerald-cut" clutch a pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps, a wavy bob, and a red lip this would be a perfect look for Rachel on the red carpet at the Critics Choice Awards.
Rooney Mara was one that I was intrigued to see what she was going to wear over the course of awards season and my interest is already fizzling out. It has been bland or black since the start and I while I know that is her MO, none of these looks have made me take notice of her. I would love to see Rooney wear this peachy pink Chanel Pre-Fall 2016 embroidered tea length gown with a plunging neckline. I think that this peachy color would be just what Rooney needs to make me start taking an interest in her style again and the feather embroidery helps with that as well. This is a very visually intersting gown and I think that it would make such a beautiful moment on the Critics Choice Awards red carpet. Finish the look with a pair of simple gold sandals and pretty pink makeup and Rooney will for sure get me talking about her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment