Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards: Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture Nominee Wish List

As I have continually said Brie Larson is my breakout star this awards season and I am excited to see what she is going to continue to wear on the red carpet's all the way through the Academy Awards. After the Critics Choice Awards tomorrow night the next stop on the race to the Oscars are the Screen Actors Guild Awards which are a week from tomorrow on January 31, 2016. Brie is a front runner to take home the SAG Award and I am hoping she dresses to fit that possibility. I picked this black Marchesa Pre-Fall 2016 gown rendered in beaded lace with tulle and features a column silhouette with a scalloped square neckline, a fitted bodice, and tiered ruffles along the skirt. I think that this is a romantic look for Brie who has been wearing a lot of more modern glam type of look on the red carpet and honestly I think it would compliment the green patinaed bronze SAG statue that she has a great possibility of taking home. Finish this look with sleek hair, a black satin clutch, and a pair of gold sandals and Brie will have a perfect SAG Awards red carpet look.
I am hoping that Cate Blanchett shows up on the SAG Awards red carpet and makes me say wow again. I haven't had a moment where I have said WOW when Cate shows up on the red carpet in a very long time and I am ready to have that moment again. I picked this blue and purple oil slick Armani Prive Fall 2015 Couture strapless sequined gown for Cate as I think that this is something I have never seen from her before and I really think that this gown is perfect for her. I tend to like when Cate wears darker colors as they pop against her alabaster skin tone and I can just picture the contrast of this gown on her glowing skin. My only downside of this gown is it reminds me a bit of the Dior Couture gown that Jennifer Lawrence wore to the SAG Awards in 2014, so that could deter Cate from wearing this gown for the SAG Awards this year. But alas I am still hopeful. A navy blue clutch, a pair of navy peep toe pumps, dazzling multicolored tanzanite and diamond Chopard drop earrings, & a smokey eye would ensure that Cate makes my jaw drop when on her arrival at the SAG Awards.
Helen Mirren is a double nominee at the 2016 Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture for The Woman In Gold and Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for Trumbo. I am excited to see what Helen is going to wear on the red carpet as she is usually so extremely elegant. I can totally picture Helen wearing this ink blue Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2016 long sleeve lace bodice and silk fit and flare skirt. This gown shows off Helen's twins which she defies societal norms of putting them away at almost 80, but I say if you look that good at her age then you should flaunt it too. A pair of Harry Winston diamond and sapphire pendant earrings, a navy clutch, a pair of navy pumps, and a red lip would ensure that Helen makes sure everyone knows she is a double nominee and don't you forget it.
I have been on an up and down roller coaster with Saoirse Ronan with her red carpet style, but I am hoping that after her Golden Globe Awards red carpet triumph and coming off her Academy Award nomination that her red carpet style will stay on top form. I would love to see Saoirse wearing something a little more fun on the red carpet like this nude Rodarte Fall 2015 RTW embroidered and feather embellished gown. There are not many women that I can picture wearing this gown and not getting overwhelmed and Saoirse is one of the few who I can. Saoirse knows how to make more complicated avant garde red carpet styles work off the runway and on the red carpet. With such a complicated gown the styling really should be kept simple with a pair of champagne colored peep toe pumps, fresh faced makeup, and a chic updo so her hair won't compete with the feathers on the shoulders. All that would make this a look that I could fall in love with.

No comments:

Post a Comment