Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

2015 London Film Festival: "Carol" Premiere Wish List

 Having not really seen Cate Blanchett on the red carpet since the Cannes Film Festival I am excited that she is being honored at the London Film Festival and is guaranteed to show up. I have missed my red carpet queen and her return will undoubtedly be triumphant. For the "Carol" premiere I would love to see Cate wear this amazing oil slick inspired sequined jacket paired with midnight blue velvet pants from the Armani Prive Fall 2015 Couture collection. Cate and Armani are always a match made in heaven and I am sure that one of her appearances at the London Film Festival will be in Armani. I picked this ensemble because it mixes sex appeal, masculinity, and femininity in such a chic and elegant way that only Cate could pull off. Finish this look with a sleek hairstyle, a bold pink lip, a pair of black pumps, and a purple clutch and Cate will undoubtedly wow on the red carpet.
At the Cannes Film Festival photocall and premiere of "Carol" it was a play on dark and light between Cate and Rooney. I am figuring that same play will be on display in London as well. I searched up and down for the perfect look for Rooney and when I saw that this white Proenza Schouler Spring 2016 RTW ruffled dress with black trim I knew that I had found the perfect look for her to wear on the London red carpet. Rooney does Audrey Hepburn with an edge like no other and I am sure that she would make this dress her own. A pair of simple black sandals and a simple bun is perfect way to style this look for London Film Festival red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment