Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Runway Report: Monse Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Monse SS16 RTW
Former designers at Oscar de la Renta Laura Kim and Fernando Garcia launched their label Monse during New York Fashion Week in an intimate presentation. The men's button down shirt was the starting point for this collection and the sleeves and buttons graced many of the looks. I like how they took something that is so associated with masculinity and made it so feminine. The relaxed glamour of this collection makes it perfect for stars like Julianne Moore, Jessica Chastain, and Lady Gaga. I know that is an odd mix of names but I honestly can see each woman wearing at least one look from this collection. My favorite look from the collection was a cobalt blue strapless jumpsuit that had such wide legs that it mimicked a ball gown. This look is not for the faint of hart, it will definitely take a woman with lots of personality and presence to make that look work. I can picture it on Julianne Moore or Solange Knowles. I am looking forward to seeing what Kim & Garcia will continue to bring to the runways. Monse is definitely a brand to watch. 

See all my favorite looks from Spring/Summer 2016 over on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment