Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Runway Report: Rodarte Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Rodarte SS16 RTW
Rodarte Spring/Summer 2016 RTW was one of my absolute favorite collections shown during New York Fashion Week. They embodied the big trend of fall dressing for spring. It will be interesting to see how these clothes, especially the fur coats, will work their way into the Rodarte girls wardrobe for spring. There were many eras that I saw referenced in this collection. There was the 1970's Studio 54 disco glam, 20's flappers, & Victorian romance that all played factors in creating this stunning collection. If Vogue were to throw a chic Halloween gala, I would be clamouring to get my hands on this collection so that I could be the chicest flapper in the room. Aside from being great for costumes I can see that Rodarte devotees like Natalie Portman, Bella Heathcote, Keira Knightley, & Rooney Mara all have many looks that they can rock on the red carpet. Can we get Rooney in the black and white lace finale dress for something ASAP? As always it will take a very confident and eccentric woman to wear this Rodarte collection but what Kate and Laura Mulleavy have put together is just utter glamour and drama and I can't wait to see it on the red carpet.

See all my favorite looks from Spring/Summer 2016 over on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment