Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Runway Report: Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW
Peter Copping started to peak through with the Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2016 RTW collection. We saw Peters love of modernity and ruffles peak through in a collection that was inspired by Spanish flair and history. The start of the collection was the color of the red carnation, a favorite flower of the founder. From there Copping started to research and found that red carnations were what was thrown into the arena to a matador after the end of a bull fight. Referencing the colors and the romanticism of Spanish matadors was a perfect springboard for this sophomore collection. There is a look for every woman within the Oscar de la Renta Spring/Summer 2016 RTW collection. Be she an older sophisticated woman, a pop star, or a glamorous actress I think that there will be many red carpet moments that come from this collection, maybe we will get our first taste at tonight's Emmy Awards. With so many stunning creations it was hard for me to pick just one look as my favorite so I went with what I see as one of the gowns with the most glorious red carpet potential. The black and dusty rose patchwork lace strapless gown is one that I hope to see on Jessica Chastain at some point. This is the perfect mesh of sensuality and elegance and I know that this will make for a major red carpet moment no matter who gets their hands on it.

See all my favorite looks from Spring/Summer 2016 over on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment