Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Runway Report: Zac Posen Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Zac Posen SS16 RTW
Zac Posen showed his Spring/Summer 2016 RTW collection to a front row filled with stars like Christina Hendricks (who was rumored to be shopping for her Emmy gown), Jennifer Hudson, and Amy Schumer. Zac wanted to show everyone that he is not just a Jamesian style designer, he wanted to show everyone that he has range. When I think of Zac Posen I do not think of ease and causal, in fact I think of quite the opposite, I think of high glamour and drama. While there were a few looks with that high glamour and drama most of the black, white, navy, and red collection was very toned down. There were many pieces that I can't see many women wearing. There were several pieces with what looked like terrible satin bras attached to them which people with larger bosom, like Christina Hendricks, would never be able to wear and not look larger than they already are. My favorite look in the collection came down to a Halston-esque black and white printed silk halter gown. I saw this dress move in a video on Instagram and it was so fluid and I fell in love. It was the first glimpse of the collection that I got, and needless to say I was rather let down when I finally was able to get a full look at the collection. 

See all my favorite looks from Spring/Summer 2016 over on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment