Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Runway Report: Creatures of the Wind Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Creatures of the Wind SS16 RTW
I am hoping that this fall like palette that we have been seeing on the runways during New York Fashion Week dies down and quick. I might be hating on the colors but I actually really adore the Creature of the Wind Spring/Summer 2016 RTW collection. The brand continues to out do themselves each and every season making me more and more impressed with the elevated level of sportswear that they continue to put out. These are the types of looks an "it" girl would love and the ones that want to be would die to recreate. The 90s are very much still alive in this collection and I have to say that the decade is definitely better the second time around. Spaghetti straps with off the shoulder draped sleeves were stung throughout the collection on tops, maxi dresses, and cocktail dresses. This is exposed shoulder look is so romantic to me. I think that these are probably among my favorite looks though I really think that honor goes to the feminine take on menswear. I loved the grey sleeveless floral wrap top paired with a pinstripe midi skirt. This takes that idea of "power dressing" and takes it to a whole new chic and flirtatious level. Definitely only loosely borrowing from the boys. 

See all my favorite looks from Spring/Summer 2016 over on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment