Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Runway Report: Sally Lapointe Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Sally Lapointe SS16 RTW
I have always been a fan of Sally Lapointe, since I first discovered her thanks to Mother Monster Lady Gaga. The New York City based, and Massachusetts born, designer has come a long way from the PVC looks that Lady Gaga wore. Sally is now a darling of fashionistas like Bergdorf Goodman buyer Linda Fargo and Leandra Medine, founder of the blog Man Repeller. Now we love Sally for her chic sophisticated uptown/downtown girl ascetic. Now with that being said I do not think that the Sally Lapointe Spring/Summer 2016 RTW collection was very springy. I have been complaining about this since the start of fashion week. I don't want to wear a coat in the heat of the summer, so why not save them for a Fall/Winter collection. My favorite look from the collection came courtesy of a fully beaded t shirt top that was paired with a vinyl skirt. It was a mix of what was and what is when it comes to the Sally Lapointe girl and I think that the uptown girl would love the top and the downtown girl would love the skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment