Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Runway Report: Sophie Theallet Spring/Summer 2016 RTW

Sophie Theallet SS16 RTW
Africa. That was the starting place for Sophie Theallet Spring/Summer 2016 RTW. The models walked down the outdoor runway to the beat of a group of Senegalese drummers. We saw the African influences in materials and prints, the use of raffia in the collection was so elegantly done. This collection was a departure from her norm as we are used to seeing the designer refereencing lots of drapery and city women but here she took the tribal woman and gave her to the city girl. I was drawn to many of the different shilouettes in this collection and I think stylists will be to. I hope that Micaela Erlanger, the stylist for Lupita Nyong'o, grabs up at least one of the looks from this collection for the starlet. I must really be feeling halter necks for spring because my favorite look from this collection, that I would actualy love to see on Mrs Lupita, was the black and white halter neck draped gown. There is something about this gown that reads so tribal while being incredibly chic and uptown at the same time. 

See all my favorite looks from Spring/Summer 2016 over on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment