Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

2016 BAFTA Awards Red Carpet Wish List Part 1

I am already anticipating all of the glamour that will be on the red carpets this weekend as the Pre-Grammy Awards parties will be in full force and then there are the BAFTA Awards on Sunday night. I love this weekend because you really see the difference from film and music red carpets. I am putting my money on the BAFTA Awards being the more glamorous of the events. I would love to see Best Leading Actress nominee Alicia Vikander give a nod to the era of her film The Danish Girl by wearing this red Valentino Spring 2016 Couture gown. The moment that I saw this gown come down the runway I immediately pictured Alicia wearing this gown on the red carpet, and since I am sure that she won't wear anything other than Louis Vuitton for the Oscars why not wear this stunning creation at the BAFTA Awards. This gown would just hang on Alicia with such a relaxed effortless glamour that I would die from how glamorous she is. Finish the look with a pair of gold Louis Vuitton sandals, a vintage inspired updo, and classic makeup and this will for sure be a best dressed look on the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards.
I am not sure if Angelina Jolie will step out on the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards on Sunday night but I am holding out hope since hubby Brad Pitt is nominated as a producer of The Big Short. As many know I have a love/loathe relationship with Angelina as she tends to bore me on the red carpet but I think that this white Elie Saab Spring 2014 Couture strapless flowing gown would make for a stunning and chic moment for her to support her husband at the BAFTA Awards. Angelina does classic glamour with much ease and I think that this gown would punctuate her signature glamour perfectly. I would give Angelina old Hollywood waves, a pair of silver pumps, a red lip, and a pair of diamond drop earrings to ensure that she has a major red carpet moment.
Brie Larson has had two very glamorous modern red carpet moments this awards season so for the BAFTA Awards on Sunday I would love to see her give something a little different. I picked this romantic black and green Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW halter neck tiered organza and lace embroidered gown for Brie to wear on the BAFTA Awards red carpet. A year ago I don't think that I would have picked this dress for Brie because I would have said it was too complicated for her but she is now starting to prove her red carpet chops and now I think she has the red carpet confidence to wear this gown and make it work with great aplomb. A pair of black satin sandals, a black clutch, Tiffany & Co. diamond earrings, a very chic sleek updo, and a red lip would just add the perfect punctuations to this romantic look.
Cate Blanchett did not give me anything that really blew me away on the only major that she has graced this awards season so far. Her light pink Givenchy Couture fringe gown just didn't speak to me and I was disappointed that Cate did not show up for the SAG Awards. I am hoping that she will make the jaunt out to London for the BAFTA Awards on Sunday giving her the opportunity to redeem herself before the Oscars. I picked this black Giambattista Valli Spring 2016 Couture sleeves draped gown chic features a light pink waist and an embellished houndstooth detail on the bodice. Cate has worn Giambattista in the past and it has been quite the treat and I think this classic glam look would put Cate back in my good graces. Finish the look with a pink Roger Vivier clutch, a pair of black Roger Vivier satin sandals, a vintage inspired bob, a pink lip, diamond drop earrings, and a diamond cuff bracelet and Cate will shut this red carpet down.
Finally for today I have my wish for EE Rising Star Award nominee Dakota Johnson. Dakota has been blowing me away recently and I am hoping that continues when she steps out on the red carpet at the BAFTA Awards on Sunday. With great working relationships with Dior, Saint Laurent, & Gucci it would seem most likely that she will wear a custom gown by one of those brands but I picked this tan Chanel Spring 2016 Couture tea length tiered gown for Dakota to wear for this red carpet. While most would not deem this tea length formal enough for the British version of the Academy Awards but I think that since Dakota is only nominated in the Rising Star category that this is a perfect look for her. I think that with the right styling that this look has the potential to be one of the best. Silky old Hollywood waves strewn over one shoulder, a red lip, a pair of gold sandals, gold clutch, and a pair of diamond earrings set in yellow gold would just punctuate this chic glamorous look perfect for Dakota on the BAFTA Awards red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment