Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

#Oscars2016: Academy Award Nominees Luncheon Wish List Part 1

IT'S HERE! MY FIRST OSCARS WISH LIST IS FINALLY HERE! The race to the Oscars has been on since the Palm Springs International Film Festival Black Tie Awards Gala early last month but the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon is the first time we will see all the nominees together to celebrate the occasion. Alicia Vikander, favorite to win the Best Supporting Actress trophy, has been blazing through awards season like a girl on fire. I am already anticipating what she will wear for the Oscars red carpet, but that is a different post. For the Nominees Luncheon I would love to see Alicia wearing this Louis Vuitton Spring 2016 RTW pinstripe dress. Alicia is the perfect LV ambassador as I don't think she has had a single misstep in the brand, though most of her looks are custom made for her. This business meets edgy look is perfect for Alicia to wear on the red carpet for the only relaxed occasion during the race to the Oscars. What really would punctuate this as a perfect red carpet look would be a pair of strappy black sandals, hair in loose waves pushed back behind her ears, and relaxed elegant makeup.
Brie Larson is the expected winner for the Best Actress trophy and I have to say that she has been the breakout star this season. I had high hopes for Alicia (and she has met and exceed them) but I did not have high expectations for Brie. Her amazing gold Calvin Klein gown at the Golden Globe Awards followed by the amazing hot off the runway Atelier Versace gown she wore for the Screen Actors Guild Awards were just precursors to her taking to the Oscar red carpet and my hopes are now set very high for Brie's Oscar gown. For the Nominees Luncheon I would love to see Brie wearing this black and white floral print Michael Kors Pre-Fall 2016 which features a cutout on the chest. I think that this classic dress with that cutout makes for a modern take on classic dressing. Not many women would be brave enough to wear this dress during the day but I think that Brie is for sure. While the pattern on this dress is very bold I would still add another bold statement via a pair of hot pink Christian Louboutin 'Pigalle' patent leather pointed toe pumps and a light pink lip to help Brie keep making red carpet hits.
Cate Blanchett has sadly disappointing me and I am preparing myself not to enjoy her red carpet styling over the final stretch of the race to the Oscars. I will continue to make my wishes with what I usually expect Cate to wear. For the Nominees Luncheon I would love to see Cate wearing this multi print Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2016 cap sleeve dress on the red carpet. I think that Cate would look absolutely fantastic in this dress and not let the busy pattern wear her. The classic 40's inspired silhouette and all the random abstract embroidered pattern reminds me of classic Elsa Schiaparelli designs from the era. With such a busy pattern I would keep this look simply styled with just a pair of red pumps, hair chicly pulled back, & a red lip to ensure that Cate is back at her best.
I got a little spark of interest from Jennifer Lawrence when she stepped out at the Golden Globe Awards wearing a bold modern custom Cristian Dior Couture red gown, although her Versace after party look look dulled that spark. I am hoping that Jennifer keeps the magic of her red gown alive with this black and white Christian Dior Spring 2016 Couture mini dress. I believe that while not many people would be brave enough to wear couture during the day I think that this dress is perfect for this occasion and in tune with the vibe of the collection. I want Jennifer to go high glam with all of her red carpet appearances from here on out. Chic loose waves, a pink lip, and a pair of silver pumps would ensure that JLaw kills the red carpet at the Nominees Luncheon.
I am expecting that Kate Winslet will most likely be in a fitted cap sleeved dress by the likes of Victoria Beckham or Tom Ford on the red carpet at the Academy Award Nominees Luncheon. Kate has a very standard look that she wears on the red carpet and rarely steps out of that small box. With this wish for Kate to wear this navy needle point jacquard Roland Mouret Spring 2016 RTW dress which features a slight a-line silhouette with a deep v-neckline and off the shoulder detail, a capeline back panel and a diamond back cutout, is asking her to step out of her fitted comfort zone. While the style of the dress is might not be her typical dress the navy color is which I think would make for this being an amazing moment for Kate on the red carpet. Finish the look with wavy locks, a pink lip, and a pair of nude sandals and Kate will for sure have a personal best on the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment