Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Runway Report: Saint Laurent Fall 2016 at the Hollywood Palladium

 After foregoing showing the Saint Laurent menswear collection during Paris Men's Fashion Week Heidi Silmane showed his Fall 2016 Menswear and Part 1 of his Fall 2016 Womenswear collection to a house packed full of celebrities at the Hollywood Palladium. Amidst rumors that that he is leaving Heidi showcased my favorite Saint Laurent collection under his reign this far. The move to LA saw a different side of the Saint Laurent woman and man. This collection was heavily 60's and 70's movie star inspired with pieces that look like the could have been incorporated into an actor or actresses wardrobes from pieces that were costumes from movies that they were in (the red velvet cape with the gold trim pictured above and the 17th century inspired embroidered men's jacket bellow). Of the men's collection my favorite piece, and the one I covet the most, is the amazing sequined biker jacket. I want that for when I am running from show to show during New York Fashion Week next February.
My favorite look from the women's collection was the green chiffon gown which featured ostrich feather trimming at the neck and on the wrists. I am majorly hoping that January Jones gets her hands on that dress because I think that her type of glamour would just make this not look like a costume on the red carpet. I am intrigued to see where this collection will end up and what will be worn. Will some of the menswear make it onto the Grammy Awards red carpet on Monday night? Will we see it on Oscar night? Who will Heidi bring to the Met Ball? All questions that I have as this collection is just that good. A great kick off to fashion month.
Make sure you check out all my favorite looks from the Fall 2016 RTW collections (and my immediate wishes) over on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment