Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

2016 Oscar Parties Red Carpet Wish List Part 15

Hilary Swank usually knocks it out of the park when she steps out on the red carpet and I am hoping that she will be one of the many stars to grace the red carpet at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party. Hilary has an animated movie coming out this year (as well as being a Vanity Fair party regular) so I think the chances of her showing up are quite high. I would love to see Hilary work the red carpet in this dusty rose and mauve Valentino Pre-Fall 2016 long sleeve embroidered gown. This gown is classic and elegant with modern Japanese inspired embroidery which I think would make for a very romantic red carpet moment for Hilary. Keeping the look romantic with a chic updo, a gold clutch, and a pair of gold sandals would ensure that the romanticism of this gown is on full display.
Last year Karolina Kurkova took to the red carpet at the Academy Awards, Elton John AIDS Foundation, and the Vanity Fair Oscar Party as a promotional deal for Chopard. While I loved her Vanity Fair look I was underwhelms by her other looks. I am used to Karolina giving some of the most glam avant garde red carpet looks. For this years Vanity Fair party I would love to see Karolina wearing this black Brandon Maxwell Fall 2016 RTW column gown with a dramatic bust ruffle. I think that this gown will either end up on the back of Lady Gaga or a supermodel, I don't think anyone else has the chutzpah to pull this gown off. With such a dramatic ruffle I would have Karolina style her hair into a tight low bun, add a pair of diamond drop earrings (but nothing to big), add a red lip, a black crystal embellished Alexander McQueen clutch, and a pair of black Christian Louboutin sandals and this look is set to wow on the red carpet.
Michelle Monaghan has been faltering with her red carpet style recently. I usually love what the actress wears on the red carpet but the ugly shapeless orange and blue Prabal Gurung gown that Michelle wore to the Warner Bros/InStyle Golden Globes party was a disaster. I am praying that glam Michelle is back on the red carpet come Oscar night. To get her back on track I picked this amazing wine Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2016 gown rendered in double face duchesse satin and features a mermaid silhouette with a wrap around off the shoulder neckline and a flounced asymmetrical hem. I think that this gown is a dramatic and classic look all at the same time. This makes me think of some of the great looks that came out of the 1940's and I am hoping that is the way that Michelle would take the styling. A chic vintage inspired updo, a pair of diamond drop earrings, a dyed to match satin box clutch, and a pair of dyed to match peep toe pumps would ensure that Michelle is back on top form.
Miley Cyrus is a usual at the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Party, and since her name has been back in the headlines again I am wondering if she will be out on Oscar night. If she were to attend the Elton John party I would kinda like to see edgy glam Miley on the red carpet over whacked out Miley. I think that this black Alexander Wang Pre-Fall 2016 rouched crepe jersey gown which features a leather harness-like grommeted detail would be a perfect look to mesh edge and glamour for Oscar night. When it comes to Miley I have a love or loathe type of relationship and her loathe usually comes when she takes things too far. Her blonde pixie cut, a black clutch, and a pair of black sandals would ensure that Miley has a glam rocker moment on Hollywood's biggest night.
Rounding out my final post of Oscar party wishes is Viola Davis, whom I am expecting to grace the red carpet at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party since she was one of the cover girls of the magazines 2016 Hollywood issue. After the backlash of #OscarsSoWhite I am interested to see which African-American stars show up on the Oscar night red carpets. I hope that doesn't mean Viola won't be out as she earned her place on that Vanity Fair cover. I would love to see Viola wearing this bordeaux banded jersey knit Roberto Cavalli Pre-Fall 2016 sheath gown with a criss-cross halter neckline, and triangle cutouts at the bodice and back. We have not seen the sexier side of Viola in a while and I think an Oscar party is the perfect place for that side of her to show up on the red carpet. A black clutch, a pair of black sandals, a red lip, diamond drop earrings, and a wavy bob would ensure that Viola really brings it to the Vanity Fair red carpet. 

15 posts and 75 wishes later that concludes all my wishes for the Vanity Fair and Elton John Oscar parties. Some of these people I know will be out on Oscar night and some of them I do not. Tomorrow will be a quick post for some ladies to wear amazing looks for the Costume Designers Guild Awards and then the big main stage Oscars posts start on Monday with the nominees. I will be live tweeting the Academy Awards next Sunday night. Are you going to pour yourself a glass of champagne and join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment