Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

#Oscars 2016: Final Ladies Red Carpet Wish List Round-Up

Will we see Angelina Jolie on Oscar night? I think that is the question that is on almost every red carpet correspondents mind. Brad Pitt is nominated as a producer of Best Picture nominee The Big Short, so I would love to see her on the red carpet supporting him. The moment I saw this Atelier Versace Spring 2016 Couture gown take to the runway back in January it has been on my mind for Angelina and I wanted to make a post about it before a model gets their hands on it for one of the Oscar parties, Met Ball, or the Cannes Film Festival. I think that this regal, yet still sexy, look is something that Angie would be immediately drawn to. I would imagine that Angelina would have the skirt lined as I don't see her rocking the naked dress trend. Finish the look with a pair of diamond drop earrings, old Hollywood waves, a red lip, and a pair of gold pumps and Angie would have a major red carpet moment as Brad's plus one at the Oscars.
Chrissy Teigan is always fabulous on the red carpet so I am really excited to see what she will rock on the red carpet Sunday night at the Academy Awards. Thus far all of Chrissy's maternity looks on the red carpet have been very fitted over her bump. I would love to see her switch that up and wear something floaty and ethereal like this mint Georges Hobeika Spring 2016 Couture gown which features a beaded blouse, a chiffon skirt with a dramatic train, and a sky high thigh split. Last year Chrissy also wore a gown with a sexy split and gave us a lot of Angelina leg but I would hope to see the expectant mother just flash a little leg. I think a little goes a long way. A chic updo, light pink lip, mint Marchesa jeweled clutch, a simple pair of gold sandals, and diamond drop earrings will ensure that Chrissy has a beautiful red carpet moment.
Jennifer Garner is one of the seasoned celebrity presenters for Sunday nights Academy Awards. I have failed to get excited about one of Jennifer's red carpet looks since her separation from Ben Affleck and I am very intrigued to see what she will show up wearing. I would love to see Jennifer show up on the red carpet at the Oscars wearing this sparking purple Carolina Herrera Fall 2016 RTW sleeveless gown. I think that this rich purple color would look absolutely amazing on Jennifer, who tends to stick to black on the red carpet. I think that as a presenter this gown is perfect look as not to take away from the nights nominees. A purple clutch, a pair of black pumps, a chic updo, and diamond cluster earrings will ensure that Jennifer returns to her full red carpet potential.
From an Oscars veteran to the new girl on the scene. Priyanka Chopra burst onto the Hollywood scene last year after taking a role on the ABC series Quantico, after being a huge star in Bollywood. Now Priyanka is currently filming her first American blockbuster with the Baywatch reboot. For the Oscars on Sunday night I would love to see Priyanka take to the red carpet wearing this blue Elie Saab Spring 2016 Couture embroidered sari inspired gown on the red carpet. Priyanka's first major awards show red carpet ensemble at the SAG Awards came across more like a pageant ensemble than a Hollywood red carpet moment and I am hoping she has learned from that. While I would love to see Priyanka wearing this Elie Saab Couture gown I am afraid that it appropriates her Indian heritage and that would make her shy away from wearing it, but I think that it meshes her heritage and Hollywood perfectly for the Oscars red carpet. A sleek bun, red lip, silver clutch, a pair of silver sandals, and diamond drop earrings would ensure that Priyanka holds her own against some of the most seasoned glamizons on the Oscars red carpet.
Rounding out the ladies wishes for the 2016 Academy Awards on Sunday night is Sofia Vergara. While Sofia is almost always spotted at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party this is the first time that the Colombian actress will step foot on the Oscars red carpet. When it comes to Sofia's style it is usually very predictable, and while I am hoping we see something a little different, I picked a gown that falls right into her wheelhouse. I picked this metallic J. Mendel Fall 2016 RTW strapless draped peplum column gown with a sexy split which is in a color that is almost a chameleon which can go silver, grey black, or gold. While I hope for something dramatic and custom made from Marchesa, Vera Wang, or Roberto Cavalli I do think that Sofia would look beautiful in this gown. A pair of black peep toe pumps, a black & gold Edie Parker clutch, pin straight locks, and a smokey eye would ensure that Sofia has a beautiful red carpet moment for her first Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment