Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Runway Report: Monique Lhuillier Fall 2016 RTW

Monique Lhuillier was exactly what I needed when I was starting to get fatigued of New York Fashion Week and a lot of blah collections. I can always count on Monique to shake things up and make a most beautiful collection that makes me swoon and this was no exception. The Fall 2016 collection is an artistic expression of an eccentric woman that is cool, relaxed, and rock ‘n’ roll. The Monique Lhuillier woman mixes unexpected combinations and experiments with rich textures for over-the-top elegance. At the start of the collection there were a lot of layered looks which mixed different styles and textures. The show opened with a soft lace gown worn under a light brown wool fur collared coat just starting to show off the mixing of textures. Another look paired a crystal lattice jacket over a sheer black end yellow embroidered blouse paired with black satin striped cropped pants mixed high glam with rock 'n' roll edge. Monique also did not disappoint on the gown front displaying a myriad of different styles. My favorite look was a watermelon pink tiered tulle strapless ball gown which features blue embroidered flowered on the bustier cascading down onto the skirt which I would love see someone like Daisy Ridley, Lupita Nyong'o, or Emmy Rossum wearing on the red carpet. Other beautiful ladies I can picture wearing this amazing collection include Cheryl Cole, Hailee Steinfeld, Viola Davis, Allison Williams, Kate Beckinsale, Zhang Ziyi, Fan Bingbing, Diane Kruger, Amber Heard, Florence Welch, Cate Blanchett, Naomi Watts, Olivia Palermo, Kerry Washington, Kate Hudson, Miranda Kerr, Camilla Belle, Jessica Chastain, and Olivia Wilde. Check out all the looks from the collection in the gallery bellow.
Monique Lhuillier Fall 2016 RTW
Make sure you check out all my favorite looks from the Fall 2016 RTW collections (and my immediate wishes) over on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment