Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

#Grammys 2016: Adele, Carrie, Florence, Nicki, & Taylor Red Carpet Wish List

The Grammy Awards are coming up next Monday and I am super excited for this years red carpet and show. There are so many strong and fabulous women performing, nominated, and attending that I think the red carpet will be an overload of edge and glam. Adele is probably one of the women that I am most looking forward to seeing on the red carpet. The last time Adele was on the red carpet she wore a Valentino Couture floral print cocktail dress, which some likened to grandma's sofa, and people either loved or loathed it. I personally loved this look on Adele. It was the first time that she was seen as a person who could take fashion by storm. For the red carpet on Monday I am sure that Adele will show up wearing a gown or dress custom made for her by her friends at Burberry or Jenny Packham, but if she would pick a gown off the runway I think that this floral black and navy lace Oscar de la Renta Spring 2016 RTW gown which is rendered in tulle and features an a-line silhouette with a jewel neckline, ruby and navy floral appliques scattered throughout and a full floor length skirt. I think that this romantic feminine look is perfect for Adele. The cap sleeves and the full skirt just add to the chic romantic sophistication of this gown. Finished with a pair of black sandals, voluminous waves, a red lip, a smoky eye, and diamond cluster earrings would just continue to cement Adele as a fashionista. For her performance of "When We Were Young" during the telecast I would love to see Adele rep a British brand wearing this bronze Ralph & Russo Fall 2015 Couture long sleeve gown which featured an embellished lace bodice and a pleated lamé skirt. I think that this gown fits the mood of the song and I can picture her on the stage behind her microphone with lights beaming off into different directions and autumn leaves projected onto screens behind her. Now is that the set up that is going to happen? I don't actually know but I can picture it in my head.
Carrie Underwood is very hit or miss on the red carpet for me. I tend to think that she is a little more pageant style than red carpet but when she does it right she is really good. I picked this strapless silver white Tony Ward Spring 2016 Couture textured gown which features an asymmetrical high-low hemline, sequin embroidery, and organza ruffles for Carrie to wear on the red carpet for the Grammy Awards on Monday night. It might be a little oxymoronic that I picked this gown after just stating that Carrie tends to look very pageant-y and this gown has the potential to go that direction. I think that if Carrie styles this look correctly that this could be a great red carpet moment. I would add a silver glitter Amanda Pearl clutch, silver Jimmy Choo 'Leslie' sandals, old Hollywood waves, a smoky eye and nude lip to keep this look edgy glam and not toe the pageant line.
Florence Welch and her band The Machine are nominated for five awards at the 2016 Grammy Awards and I am super excited to see what she is going to wear on the red carpet on Monday night. Florence has always been one for me to watch and there are a gaggle of potential designers for her Grammy night ensemble. The two times that Flo has been on the Grammy red carpet she has worn Givenchy Couture, recently she has been wearing a lot of Gucci on the red carpet so she might wear a custom Gucci gown, but I would really love to see Flo wearing this red Valentino Spring 2016 Couture batwing gown which featured delicate embroidery and a drop waist. I think that this gown fits perfectly with Florence's bohemian vintage inspired style and the sheerness of the gown adds the perfect Grammy Awards red carpet edge. A pair of gold sandals, a gold clutch, and fresh faced makeup would finish this look off perfectly for the red carpet.
Nicki Minaj is nominated for 3 awards at the Grammy Awards and I am very intrigued to see what the rapper is going to wear on the red carpet. Last year Nicki was very subdued in a black beaded fringe gown by Tom Ford and she was seated front row at the Givenchy Spring 2016 RTW presentation in New York back in September but I am going in a different direction for her red carpet looks. I picked this gold sequined Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2016 tea length gown which features a plunging neckline, long sleeves, and sheer panels for Nicki because it meshes her attention grabbing antics with classic glamour which I feel has been something that she has been going for a little more of with her red carpet options. Finish the look with a pair of black Givenchy sandals, pin straight slicked back hair, and a red lip to keep this look subtly sexy and chic.
Taylor Swift will be performing one of the songs from her album 1989 that hasn't been nominated to open the 2016 Grammy Awards on Monday night and I am excited to see what she will wear on the red carpet prior to her performance. I would love to see Taylor, who is nominated for seven awards, wearing this white and orange Atelier Versace Spring 2016 Couture long sleeve gown which features a crystal mesh sleeve and cutout detail for her red carpet appearance. Taylor has not yet worn Atelier Versace on the red carpet but I think that she would kill the red carpet wearing this type of gown. Since coming out with 1989 and fully transitioning into pop Tay has been experimenting with her red carpet looks and I think that this would be the ultimate culmination of her red carpet transformation. This look combines high glamour with edge, sex appeal, and athleisure which I think would make for a perfect Grammy Awards red carpet look for Taylor. I would have Taylor wearing a pair of orange Versace sandals, carrying a white Edie Parker clutch, and her bob worn pin straight to just punctuate this look perfectly for the Grammy's and for Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment