Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

#Oscars2016: Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon Wish List Part 2

I am probably most excited to see what Lady Gaga is going to wear in the lead up to the 2016 Academy Awards. Gaga is nominated for Best Original Song and is already confirmed to perform her nominated song "Till It Happens To You" during the telecast. For the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon I would love to see Gaga wearing this blue and purple ombre Armani Prive Fall 2016 Couture blazer and navy blue velvet pants. We have been seeing a very glamorous side of Gaga this year and I am loving it. Gone are the days of shock factor and in are the high fashion glam days. I originally thought that Cate Blanchett would wear this look but I think that Gaga would absolutely slay this for the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon. I can picture Gaga going full glam wearing this suit with a curly bob, pink lip, diamond cluster earrings, and a pair of black pumps for this red carpet. This might be a little over the top for most but on Gaga this is par for the norm and I love it.
Rachel McAdams kicked off Awards Season wearing a Lanvin ball gown which I equated with grandma's comforter at the Golden Globe Awards, but with each red carpet that passes I see her getting better and better. I am interested to see what the Best Supporting Actress nominee is going to wear for the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon on Monday. I would love to see her wearing this black and grey Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2016 striped jacquard flared dress. I think that this is a classic dress with a bold statement print which is perfect for a luncheon red carpet. Finish the look with a pair of silver pumps, a red lip, and a wavy bob and this look would be finished perfectly.
Rooney Mara is more often than not a total snooze fest on the red carpet and I am honestly expecting her to fade into the background at the Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon. I would love to see her wearing this black ruched cotton Zac Posen Spring 2016 RTW dress which features a scoop neck with a keyhole detail at the bodice, sheer eyelet trim throughout, and a knee length a-line silhouette. I think that this dress is a statement in black, as I she will either wear black or white, and I honestly think that this will be one of the more bold and chic black looks that Rooney has ever worn. I figure the styling will be kept simple with a ballerina bun, a pair of black pumps, and classic barely there makeup to ensure that Rooney doesn't step outside of her very small style box.
Saoirse Ronan has yet to have a major WOW moment this awards season and I am hoping that she starts to take a couple of risks on the red carpet. With a love of edgy brands like Proenza Schouler I have been very surprised by just how underwhelming that she has been. I would love to see Saoirse wearing this multicolored Mary Katrantzou Pre-Fall 2016 dress rendered in jacquard and features a sheath silhouette with a jewel neckline, contoured seams, and a slightly flared knee length hem. I think that this dress is perfect for this red carpet to get her in an edgy look finally. The classic style mixed with the different colors and prints is a lot to take in but I think that Saoirse would be able to make it so chic on the red carpet. A pair of silver nude sandals, a pink lip, and pushed back sleek hair would add the perfect finishing touches so that the dress is the focus of this look, as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment