Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

#Oscars 2016: Nominees Wish List Part 1

Here we go! We are now in the home stretch before the Academy Awards on Sunday night and after a week of Oscar party wishes we are finally at my wishes for the main telecast. Kicking off my nominee wishes is Alicia Vikander who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Danish Girl. Alicia, who is my favorite to take home the little gold man Sunday night, will most likely work the red carpet wearing a custom Louis Vuitton gown, and changing into another brand for the after-parties. Despite knowing that she will wear a custom LV gown I am still wishing for Alicia to wear this peach Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture gown with a column silhouette and a fully embroidered cap sleeve gown. I still can't believe that this gown hasn't been worn on the red carpet yet and I think it would look absolutely lovely on Alicia. This gown would make for a chic and glam red carpet moment. A chic braided updo, fresh faced makeup, a gold Louis Vuitton clutch, gold Christian Louboutin sandals, and a pair of simple diamond drop earrings would ensure that Alicia would look amazing on the Oscars red carpet.
Cate Blanchett started awards season a little rocky but recently she has been knocking it out of the park again. On Oscar night I would love to see Cate, who is nominated for Best Leading Actress for Carol, wearing this lilac Armani Prive Spring 2016 Couture one shoulder gown which features a beautiful hand painted floral print. For every Academy Awards where she has been nominated Cate has turned out in Armani Prive so I believe that is a pretty safe bet she will wear the brand again on Sunday night. I think that this gown is a chic look is an elegant look that I think Cate would look like grace personified on the Oscars red carpet. It has been quite a while since Cate has worn this color on the red carpet and I think that she looks phenomenal it it. Finish this look with very elegant styling including a chic updo, diamond drop earrings, a red lip, silver clutch, a diamond bracelet, and a pair of silver pumps to ensure that Cate kills the red carpet at the Oscars.
We all know Jennifer Lawrence is contractually obligated to wear Christian Dior on the Academy Awards on Sunday night and many of you are probably a little surprised that the gown I picked it what I picked. Well let me explain. I would love to see the premieres at the Christian Dior atelier take this dove grey Christian Dior Spring 2016 Couture asymmetrical neckline embellished tea length gown and turn it into a floor length ball gown with a bit of a train. I think that this would mix the classic Dior glamour ad Jennifer's more sporty style. Oh and yes I want her to ditch the black undershirt. Finish the look with a chic updo, a pink lip, silver Dior clutch, and a pair silver pumps and JLaw will for sure have one of her best ever Oscars red carpet moments.
Kate Winslet is probably the star that I get the most snooze-worthy red carpet moments on the red carpet. I always have a hard time picking a gown for Kate to wear on the red carpet as I am always conflicted as to pick something that she will definitely wear and what I would love to see her wearing. For Sunday nights awards I would like to see the Best Supporting Actress nominee wearing this Ralph & Russo Fall 2015 Couture draped one shoulder gown on the red carpet. I think that this gown would make for a major red carpet moment. I would change the color of this gown to a bold royal blue as I am not the biggest fan of the army green for Kate, but he silhouette is perfect. I would love to see Kate flash a little bit of leg with the sexy, yet demure, split (I don't picture Kate pulling an Angelina with that split.) A pair of silver sandals, a silver embellished clutch, a chic updo, diamond drop earrings, and a bold red lip would finish off this look with such perfection that I could potentially see Kate making my Best Dressed list.
 Lady Gaga is nominated for Best Original Song for 'Till It Happens To You" from The Hunting Ground at the Academy Awards on Sunday and I am crazy excited to see what she will be wearing. I have three looks for her to wear over the course of the Oscars telecast. Starting on the red carpet I would love to see Gaga exercise her glamorous side wearing this black Marchesa Fall 2016 RTW gown which features a nude underlay and wine colored floral embroidery. I think that this is a different type of dramatic but glamorous look that Gaga hasn't worn before but I think is perfect for the Academy Awards red carpet. For her first costume change I would love to see gaga wearing this black Brandon Maxwell Fall 2016 RTW sculpted bodice tuxedo jumpsuit for her performance of her nominated song. The song is such a raw real story that I don't see Gaga going over the top and I think that this chic black look would make for a perfect performance moment for her. After her performance  would love to see Gaga change into this hot off the runway (it literally walked yesterday in London) Alexander McQueen Fall 2016 RTW fully embellished gown and cape. Gaga is almost guaranteed the win Sunday and I think that this would make for a perfect night at the Oscars. Factor in the white Stephane Rolland Couture jumpsuit that I picked for Gaga to wear for the Vanity Fair Party after and this will make for an amazing night of Gaga fashion.
Rounding out today's nominee wishes is Rachel McAdams, who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress thanks to Spotlight. Rachel has worn one Lanvin and two Elie Saab gowns over the course of this awards season and she keeps getting better. I am hoping that Rachel delivers her best red carpet moment of the season on Sunday night. I would love to see Rachel wearing this strapless sage Zuhair Murad Spring 2016 Couture fully embroidered gown. I think that this gown is a perfect color for Rachel (shes worn these smokey pastels before and blown me away) and the dramatic silhouette would just add to the perfectness of this look for the Oscars red carpet. I would finish the look with a silver clutch, a pair of silver sandals, chic updo, diamond drop earrings, and a pink lip would ensure that Rachel has the most glamorous red carpet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment