Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

2016 Berlin International Film Festival: "The Seasons in Quincy: Four Portraits of John Berger" Premiere Red Carpet Wish List

I was heavily disappointed that Tilda Swinton did not attend the LA premiere of Hail, Caesar! (which is the opening film of the Berlin International Film Festival) but I am praying that she makes the journey to Berlin for both that and the documentary which she voices and wrote The Seasons in Quincy: Four Portraits of John Berger. Tilda's style quite intrigues me as she is this beautiful androgynous beauty and she always leaves me with a modern edgy glam look to ogle over. For this premiere I picked this white Alexis Mabille Spring 2016 Couture embroidered gown and black structured silk cape. While Tilda has never worn one of Alexis's creations on the red carpet but I honestly think that Tilda would shut down the carpet wearing some of his creations. I think that this piece reminds me more of Tilda because it is so streamlined and chic. A lot of the pieces from Alexis Mabille that I tend to think of Tilda are some of his more complicated almost Victorian inspired pieces which might be too frilly for her. Keeping the styling simple with this look is key. I would only add a pair of black pumps, diamond cluster earrings, a red lip, and a slicked back do to ensure that Tilda has the most amazing moment on the red carpet at the Berlin International Film Festival.
My final wish for Meryl Streep for her duties as International Jury president during the Berlin International Film Festival is probably the most likely. This chic simple Valentino Fall 2015 Couture long sleeved completely covered gown is probably the most typical Meryl gown that I picked for her to wear over the course of the festival. I think that while this is a standard black gown that Meryl would shine wearing it as it is the most in her comfort zone out of all the looks that I have picked. Keeping this look chic is just exactly what needs to happen to keep Meryl from fading into the background. I would add a statement Van Cleef & Arpels yellow gold diamond and fancy gems set necklace, a black clutch, a pair of black pumps, a red lip, and chic elegant hair to ensure that Meryl is still the queen of the Berlin Film Festival red carpets.

No comments:

Post a Comment