Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

2016 Film Independet Spirit Awards Red Carpet Wish List

The day before the Academy Awards the stars of independent cinema will be out in full force on under a tent on Santa Monica beach for the 2016 Film Independent Spirit Awards. The Independent Spirit Awards is a more relaxed event before the big night at the Oscars so we will be bound to see some amazing cocktail looks on the red carpet. Brie Larson is nominated for Best Female Lead thanks to her Oscar nominated performance in Room. I picked this black Christopher Kane Spring 2016 draped halter neck cocktail dress which is given a little visual interest via the multi-colored zip ties at the waist. I love this glamour meets industrial look that I think Brie would look absolutely amazing wearing it on the red carpet. I would finish the look off with a pair of statement pumps in one of the colors from the zip ties, fresh faced makeup, and chic pushed back waves to ensure that Brie has the perfect look for the Spirit Awards red carpet.
I am very happy that Cate Blanchett will be getting back on the red carpet after skipping the Critics Choice and SAG Awards she is confirmed to attend every event she is nominated for between the BAFTA Awards tomorrow night and the Academy Awards. For the Film Independent Spirit Awards I am expecting that Cate will be the most glamorous member of the red carpet, but she has been faltering recently so I am holding out hope. The moment I saw this cream Christian Dior Spring 2016 Couture ruffled gown which features a blue and yellow embellished blouse my mind started screaming for Cate to wear it and I think that the Spirit Awards would be the perfect platform for her to give this gown a beautiful red carpet moment. The classic fit and the sculptural beauty of this dress make it something that I am very intrigued to see Cate wearing on the red carpet. I would just add a pair of gold pumps, a pink lip, & a vintage inspired bob will ensure that Cate is red carpet perfection.
A Cynthia Nixon appearance on the red carpet is a very rare thing so I am very interested to see what she is going to wear come the Film Independent Spirit Awards on the red carpet. Usually Cynthia wears Carolina Herrera on the red carpet and I bet you she does the same for the Spirit Awards. While I had to schedule this post prior to the Carolina Herrera Fall 2016 show but I think that this black pleated tea length wool dress from the Carolina Herrera Pre-Fall 2016 belted dress is something that I can absolutely picture her wearing. It is such a simple dress that I am hoping that Cynthia would pair it with a great pair of floral printed pumps and a pink lip to add a little punch to this look.
Usually I don't like what Elizabeth Olsen wears on the red carpet and I am hoping that when she steps out on the Independent Spirit Awards that she gives me something that I can actually get behind. I picked this black lace Stella McCartney Pre-Fall 2016 one shoulder cocktail dress which features a zipper detail on the hip. I have a deep love for this dress so I am hoping that Elizabeth makes this dress shine like I know it can on the red carpet. I would probably have the hemline brought up just a little so that the length doesn't cut her off when she puts on a pair of gold pumps to finish this look off for a perfect Spirit Awards red carpet.
Jessica Chastain has always been a favorite of mine on the red carpet and she has been very much missed on the red carpets this awards season so I am very excited to see what the stunning redhead and this year's honorary event chair will wear on the red carpet. This red ruffled Michael Kors Spring 2016 RTW cocktail dress will be old news by the time that this red carpet rolls around but I am still hoping that Jessica wears it on the red carpet. I picked this dress because it embodies everything that the Independent Spirit Awards red carpet embodies. It's fun, flirty, glamorous, relaxed, and elegant. Keep the styling simple with a pair of gold strappy sandals, relaxed waves, and a red lip and Jessica will make a triumphant return to the red carpet.
I am done expecting anything great out of Rooney Mara but I am going to keep on dreaming I think that this white Jason Wu Spring 2016 RTW ruffled cocktail dress is something that is absolutely perfect on the red carpet for the Spirit Awards. I think that this dress is something that Rooney would wear but since it is something I want her to wear I doubt that she will. I figure that Rooney would bring this look down with black sandals when it really needs silver sandals and a red lip to ensure that it is a beautiful red carpet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment