Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

2016 Oscar Parties Red Carpet Wish List Part 7

First off I would like to apologize for posting wish lists earlier without any details. I have been really busy with my new job and trying to keep on top of NYFW and the Grammy Awards that I just didn't get to writing the content for those posts and didn't want the lists to fall to the wayside either. Continuing on with my Oscar night wish lists is my wish for Daisy Ridley. Daisy has been the darling of fashion since she burst on to the scene in some of the most coveted brands with the promo tour for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. We will first see Daisy on the red carpet at the main ceremony as one of the nights presenters but I am hoping she does a quick change for the after parties. After what I am sure will be a very classic look on the red carpet at the ceremony I would love to see Daisy change directions and wear something a little edgier for the Vanity Fair party. I think that this navy lace Christopher Kane Pre-Fall 2016 gown which features high neck, neon orange tape details and sequin floral embroidery would be an amazing look for Daisy to give on the after party red carpet. It would take a very confident person to make this gown work on the red carpet, and though she might be new to Hollywood Daisy has the confidence to make it work. I would complete the look with a sleek bun, an orange clutch, navy peep toe pumps, diamond cluster earrings and a smokey eye to ensure that this is a major moment on the Vanity Fair red carpet.
Emma Stone is always a favorite for me when it comes to her red carpet style and I am hoping that she will be out on Oscar night despite the fact that she is not presenting or nominated. I can most see Emma going to the Vanity Fair part and since it would just be a night of fun for her I picked this amazing Marc Jacobs Spring 2016 RTW gown for her to wear on the red carpet. I love that this gown reminds me of a shirt dress and the print, which looks like it has been dropped in bleach, makes for a perfect relaxed but still elegant red carpet look. I think that Emma would show up in either a relaxed look like this or in some sort of couture cocktail ensemble. A wavy updo, a red lip, silver clutch, silver peep toe pumps, and some killer diamond drop earrings would finish this relaxed glam look off perfectly for this red carpet for Emma.
Gugu Mbatha-Raw has been another of my absolute favorites to see on the red carpet and she has been recently picking up a bit of steam in Hollywood so I would not be surprised to see her on the red carpet at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, especially since she is one of the stars of the magazines annual Hollywood issue. I would love to see the actress, whom favors very feminine looks, to choose this peachy pink Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture gold embroidered gown. I have long been perplexed as to why this gown has not seen the light of a red carpet despite it being something that I can actually picture quite a few actresses in Hollywood wearing, maybe just looking for the perfect woman. Gugu would float down the red carpet at the Vanity Fair party in this feminine and elegant gown. A chic updo, fresh faced makeup, and a pair of gold pumps would be the only things I would add to make this a perfect red carpet outing for a gown the most definitely deserves it.
There has not been a single Jane Fonda red carpet moment that I have liked since her electric blue Atelier Versace during the Cannes Film Festival last year and I am hoping that come Oscar night at she will finally redeem herself. Instead of going to the usual suspects of Versace, Saint Laurent, or Balmain I went with an unexpected (and probably highly unlikely) choice with this Pamella Roland Pre-Fall 2016 gold sequin long sleeve gown which  featured 3D gold floral embellishment. I think that this is the look that would make me love a Jane Fonda moment again on the red carpet. It embodies everything that I love in her style, it is mature but sexy and statement making. I am really hoping that whatever slump that Jane is in with her red carpet style choices ends before she heads back to Cannes in May.
Finally for today I have my wish for Kate Beckinsale who is always one that knows how to bring drama to the red carpet. I would kill to see Kate rock the red carpet in this white and pink Giambattista Spring 2014 Couture strapless floral printed, knotted waits mermaid gown. Kate is the queen on this silhouette on the red carpet and I think that she would be one of the few who would do this gown justice on the Vanity Fair party red carpet. I have heard that the placement of the print on this gown likens it to a used tampon but I think that is just people that don't appreciate haute couture styling and Kate is one who does. An elegant updo, pink lip, dazzling diamond drop earrings, and silver sandals would complete this look to perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment