Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Runway Report: Coach 1941 Fall 2016 RTW

Since he has taken reign at Coach creative director Stuart Vevers has continued to champion high levels of basics and American sportswear classics. Sales have been through the roof and Coach is now being seen as a luxury brand yet again. Prior to Vevers being brought on to reinvent the brand I had written Coach off and saw their products as tacky. Now each runway show makes me covet many many many pieces. I would take the oversized letterman style jackets and shearling fur coats with no hesitation. The pieces from this collection are all the elevated American sportswear staples that people covet for their own closets. While I don't see any of these looks making it to the red carpet I can see ladies like Rihanna, Rita Ora, Miley Cyrus, Kate Bosworth, Reese Witherspoon, Miranda Kerr, and Olivia Palermo vying for this collection end up in their closets to elevate their street style looks. I had afond love of all the boots and chunky heeled loafers that were paired with these looks. These shoes are what I bet you we will see a lot of during New York Fashion Week next February as the fashion pack fights the battle between staying chic and staying warm in frigid NYC temps.
Make sure you check out all my favorite looks from the Fall 2016 RTW collections (and my immediate wishes) over on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment