Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

2016 Costume Designers Guild Awards Red Carpet Wish List

Tuesday night are the last of the guild awards before the Oscars next Sunday night, the Costume Designers Guild Awards. I am excited to see who will be out on the CDG Awards red carpet as all of Hollywood is going to be out in LA for all of the Oscar week festivities. I hope Alicia Vikander is on the red carpet as the costume designers for her films The Danish Girl and Ex Machina are nominated. Alicia has been having a wonderful year of the red carpet as a Louis Vuitton ambassador, but I am hoping that she will dazzle us in something not LV on the red carpet since she is sure to wear the brand on Oscar night. I would love to see Alicia on the red carpet at the Costume Designers Guild Awards wearing this amazing silver Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Spring 2016 Couture beaded fringe cocktail dress. This is something that is a little out of Alicia's wheelhouse but yet still chic and elegant. I would not take this look into full costume territory with 20s styling. I would have Alicia style her hair into old Hollywood waves over one shoulder and add a killer pair of silver pumps to ensure that the dress is the statement of this look.
Cate Blanchett is going to be at the Costume Designers Guild Awards as she is the recipient of this years LACOSTE Spotlight Award. Cate is a dream to dress for Sandy Powell, and any costume designer she comes into contact with, and is being honored for wearing clothes so well. I would love to see Cate, who was back on top form in Alexander McQueen on BAFTA night, wearing this brown and teal Valentino Spring 2016 Couture gold embroidered velvet gown with side cutouts. This gown has the potential to look like old curtains but I think that Cate's grace and elegance would make this a regal red carpet moment. While side cutouts might not be her thing to wear on the red carpet I think that in this case that Cate would maintain her regal style and elegance. A gold clutch, chic updo, glamorous fresh faced makeup, diamond cluster earrings, and a pair of gold sandals would ensure that Cat stands tall and regal on the Costume Designers Guild Awards red carpet.
Daisy Ridley has been a killer force on the red carpet since she burst onto the scene during the Star Wars: The Force Awakens promo tour. The films costume designer is nominated at the Costume Designers Guild Awards on Tuesday and I am hoping that Daisy will be on the red carpet. I think that chances are likely since Daisy is one of the presenters at the Oscars next Sunday. For the CDG Awards I would love to see Daisy keep expanding her designer repertoire and wear this amazing Oscar de la Renta Fall 2016 RTW photographic floral jacquard printed draped tea length a-line gown. I think that is would be a very chic and classic way for Daisy to kick off Oscar week. I am probably the most excited to see what Daisy is going to wear over Oscar week and I think that this would be a perfect look for her to rock. A pink clutch to match the print, a chic updo, black sandals and a light pink lip would ensure that Daisy continues to wow on the red carpet.
Kiernan Shipka is the one former star of Mad Men that is able to consistently able to give me stellar red carpet moments. I am hoping that she will be on hand at the Costume Designers Guild Awards as she always makes me swoon. Recently we have seen Kiernan start to expand her style and experiment with more grown up looks. I would love to see Kiernan wearing this gunmetal grey J. Mendel Fall 2016 RTW pleated asymmetrical gown as I think it's a chic more grown up look on the red carpet, but still appropriate for a 16 year old to wear on the red carpet. Chic waves, fresh faced makeup, a gunmetal clutch, and a pair of gunmetal Jimmy Choo sandals would ensure that Kiernan has a gorgeous red carpet moment at the CDG Awards.
The costume designer for American Horror Story: Hotel is nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award and I am sure that Lady Gaga is going to be on hand as you could very much see her influence on costuming with couture designers like Ashi Studio and Stephane Rolland (favorites of Gaga) featured on the show. I would love to see Gaga wearing this embellished and feathered Saint Lauren Fall 2016 RTW Part 1 dress on the red carpet. Gaga was on hand at the Hollywood Palladium for this presentation and I think that this is probably the look that screams her name the most. This major 60's moment is something that I think Gaga is one of the only that could make this look not look like a costume. I would not have the thick black belt in favor of a thin silver Prada bow belt and add a pair of silver pumps would ensure that Gaga would have a major red carpet moment.
Lily James was in Cinderella alongside Cate Blanchett and the film is nominated for a Costume Designers Guild Award. I am hoping that Lily is on the red carpet and chooses this pink Elie Saab Spring 2016 Couture 3D floral embroidered cocktail dress. Lily wore Elie Saab quite a few times while promoting the movie and I would love to see her end wearing this flirty cocktail dress. Lily is not herself nominated so I think that couture is appropriate since it is a cocktail dress. I would add a pair of gold pumps, old Hollywood waves over one shoulder, and a pink lip to finish this look perfectly for Lily and the CDG Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment