Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

#Oscars 2016: Surpise Red Carpet Wish List Round-Up

 Andra Day is becoming quite the star. After performing at the Grammy Awards and sitting front row at the Marc Jacobs Fall 2016 Presentation during New York Fashion Week. It was Friday when Andra was announced as one of the powerhouse performers for the post Oscars Governors Ball. After sitting front row at Marc I would not be surprised to see Andra wearing a custom gown by the designer for the Oscars red carpet (or maybe one of the unworn looks from Spring 2016) but I would really love to see her wearing this burgundy Georges Hobeika Fall 2014 Couture gown which features a portrait neckline, all over embroidery, and a mermaid silhouette. I think that this is a dramatic look (some might think it's a little too much for someone only attending the Oscars to perform at the after-party) and Andra would be able to rock it. Andra has this rockabilly glamour thing going on and I think that this would be an amazing look. Since Andra usually covers up there is a look from the same Georges Hobeika collection that featured a dramatic cape that could make for an even more dramatic red carpet look draped over her shoulders. I am sure that Andra will style her hair into her signature rockabilly style (though I would trade her signature red hairband for a gold one); add a burgundy lip, winged eyeliner, a gold clutch, a pair of gold pumps, and diamond cluster earrings to ensure that Andra has the most amazing red carpet look for her first Oscars.
 I do not know is Bella Hadid will take the journey from Milan, where she has been for Milan Fashion Week, to LA for the Oscars tonight. Bella is dating Best Original Song nominee The Weekend, and was by his side at the Grammy Awards so I would imagine she will be with him tonight at the Oscars. Bella has been giving some dark brooding looks on the red carpet lately and I gotta say she is making black look anything but basic. I do believe that a black gown would be the best choice for Bella for tonight as she is a model who would be attending a movie event where her only connection is her boyfriend. It isn't her night but I can still see her looking fantastic. I would love to see Bella wearing this black Atelier Versace Spring 2015 Couture asymmetric gown which features crystal netting detailing. I think that this Versace look is a perfect look for a model plus one to wear on the Oscars red carpet as it is sexy but still elegant and beautiful enough to hold court with all of the nominated and presenting actresses.
My final wish is for Naomi Watts who will undoubtedly be on the arm of her beau, and member of the Spotlight, ensemble Liev Schreiber who is presenting tonight. I decided to go the Gucci route for Naomi for tonight's red carpet. I was absolutely enamored by the Gucci Fall 2016 RTW collection and I am praying to see the collection on the red carpet tonight. I think that Naomi would look amazing on the red carpet wearing this red strapless Gucci Fall 2016 RTW gown which has an amazing baroque pattern. While I just went on and on about Bella wearing a simple gown as to not steal the spotlight from the nominees and presenters but if anyone can do it and still play the perfect plus one it would be Naomi. A chic updo, a red clutch, black sandals, and diamond drop earrings would ensure that this is an amazing look for Naomi on the Oscars red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment