Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

#Oscars 2016: Presenter Wish List Part 2

I think that at the Academy Awards on Sunday night that one of the stars that I am most excited to see out on the red carpet is newbie Daisy Ridley. Daisy has been killing it on the red carpet since bursting onto the scene with the promo tour for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and killing every single one of her looks from the most coveted designers. Daisy can have her pick of designers but Sunday for the main show I would most love to see her in Giambattista Valli. For her first Oscars I would love Daisy to show up with a princess moment and I think that this royal blue and white Giambattista Valli Spring 2014 Couture floral embroidered peplum ball gown. While Daisy could have a custom look or anything off of a current runway but I think that this gown needs a red carpet moment and I think it would be the perfect red carpet moment for Daisy at her first Oscars. Complete the look with a chic updo, light pink lip, diamond and sapphire cluster earrings, a diamond bracelet and a pair of blue sandals to just ensure that Daisy lets this gown do all the talking on the red carpet.
Julianne Moore won the Best Leading Actress trophy at the Academy Awards last year and will be returning to the Oscars stage Sunday as a presenter. Julianne has some of the best red carpet style and I am really hoping that she will blow me away on Sunday. I would love to see Julianne show off her sexier side by wearing this wine Valentino Spring 2016 Couture pleated velvet gown which featuring a daring plunging neckline. While the deep neck is not something that Julianne usually wears on the red carpet I know that she is one that could make this gown come alive on the Oscars red carpet. Julianne has such a way with clothes that she almost always excites (she was last years red carpet diva after all). I think that the neckline makes takes this classic style gown into a more modern zone. The styling of this look is key, while most would take this open neck as an opportunity to rock a statement necklace I don't think that is what Julianne should do. All that is needed to finish off this look is a chic updo, a nude lip, diamond cluster earrings, a gold clutch, and a pair of gold sandals.
Olivia Munn hosted the 2016 Academy Scientific and Technical Awards earlier this month and Sunday will be on hand to report about the festivities during the Academy Awards telecast on Sunday night. After her hosting duties Olivia was spotted front row at the Michael Kors Fall 2016 Presentation during New York Fashion Week. I was immediately drawn to this silver sequined cocktail dress with car wash pleats from the collection. My first thoughts on this dress was not how beautiful of a cocktail look it is but "WOW that would make an amazing Oscars gown." So I started to think who could wear it and when I saw Olivia was front row I decided that it would be a perfect fit. Add a bold red lip, wavy updo, a silver box clutch, a pair of silver sandals, and diamond cluster earrings to this modified gown and I think Olivia will have a major Oscars red carpet moment.
Patricia Arquette, who's returning to the Oscars stage after winning Best Supporting Actress last year, usually shows up on the red carpet wearing looks that aren't special enough for the event that she is attending. Sunday night I would love to see Patricia walk the Academy Awards red carpet wearing this black and blue Elizabeth Kennedy Fall 2016 RTW gown which features an off the shoulder neckline, short sleeves, a fitted bodice, a column skirt, and a long cape-like train at the back. I think that this gown is special enough to make a glamorous statement for Patricia on the most glamorous night in Hollywood. We got our first taste of Elizabeth Kennedy on the red carpet when she dressed Laverne Cox and Maura Tierney on the Golden Globes red carpet. Since then she has presented her Fall 2016 collection at New York Fashion Week and I can honestly say that I can see this being a designer to watch. I can pretty much bet that what ever Patricia wears she will have a clutch that is just a tad to large, a pair of black pumps, and an unkempt updo. Not exactly how I would style this look. I think that a chic tight bun, red lip, a small sparkling black minaudiere, black peep toe pumps, and a pair of simple diamond drop earrings would ensure that Patrica has her best red carpet look ever, but really do you think she cares about what people think of her on the red carpet? I don't.
Usually I am begging for Tina Fey to step away from the black and into bold colors, and I applaud her blood orange Prabal Gurung gown from the SAG Awards, but for her Academy Awards presenter duties on Sunday I went right back to two things she loves: black & lace. I picked this black beaded lace Marchesa Pre-Fall 2016 gown which features a column silhouette with a scalloped square neckline, a fitted bodice, and tiered ruffles along the skirt. I think that this classic gown would look phenomenal on Tina and give I also think that the silhouette is going to elongate her tiny frame making her appear much taller than she actually is. Keeping the styling in tune with the gown I would add a chic vintage inspired updo, pink lip, diamond cluster earrings, swap the lookbooks black clutch for a gold embellished Marchesa clutch, and finish with a simple pair of black Christian Louboutin peep toe pumps to ensure that Tina has a very glamorous moment on the Oscars red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment