Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Runway Report: Altuzarra Fall 2016 RTW

Joseph Altuzarra showed his Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear collection to a star studded front row which included Emily Ratajkowski, Jaime King, Kate Beckinsale, and Olivia Palermo. The curiosity of the main characters in the Tom Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton staring film Only Lover's Left Alive was the starting point for this collection. The characters live in a vibrant but isolated community and evokes like kind of gypsy spirit that you definitely see in the styling of this collection. I love that Altuzarra mixes his red carpet looks with pieces that make for amazing sartorial style. There were a few coats from this collection that I am dying to get my hands on, as well as a bevy of looks that I am dying to see on a red carpet. My favorite look in the collection was a sleeveless sequined handkerchief gown that I can see on the red carpet on the back of Allison Williams, Zoe Saldana, or Emma Stone. Other ladies I can picture wearing this collection include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Wilde, Michelle Obama, Anna Wintour, Miranda Kerr, Olivia Palermo, Jaime King, Olivia Munn, Cate Blanchett, and Naomie Harris.

Make sure you check out all my favorite looks from the Fall 2016 RTW collections (and my immediate wishes) over on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment