Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Runway Report: Michael Kors Fall 2016 RTW

There was a look for every type of woman at the Michael Kors Fall 2016 RTW presentation during New York Fashion Week. Usually Michael picks one of his woman be she the relaxed bohemian, sexy sultriness, edgy, classic, movie star or pop superstar. This season each of those women would be able to look at this collection and pick at least one item, if not a full look, and mesh it into her wardrobe seamlessly. I loved that Michael used beading, crystals, studs, feathers, fur, grommets, cable knits, and denim in this collection which just made me swoon from start to finish. I can't wait to see what custom looks Michael will derive from this collection for the Academy Awards and for the Met Ball. My favorite look from the collection was the finale look which consisted of a hip-hop era-esque white fur coat over a simple grey cashmere sweater and paired with a pair of silver beaded fringe trousers. If I were a lady I would totally  be lusting after those pants to add to my wardrobe. I would love to see Emma Stone, Camilla Belle, Blake Lively, Jennifer Hudson, Naomi Watts, Solange Knowles, Olivia Wilde, Lupita Nyong'o, Viola Davis, Naomie Harris, Julianne Moore, Emily Blunt, Miranda Kerr, Elizabeth Banks, Riley Keough, Olivia Munn, Eva Mendez, Saoirse Ronan, and Jennifer Lopez all rocking this collection on the red carpet.
Make sure you check out all my favorite looks from the Fall 2016 RTW collections (and my immediate wishes) over on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment