Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

2016 Oscar Parties Red Carpet Wish List Part 12

Heidi Klum is always at every red carpet so when I saw Heidi's name on the Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing Party event co-chairs list I rolled my eyes a little. Heidi rarely gives me a look to love on the red carpet and I don't have very high expectations for her next Sunday night. I picked this white Atelier Versace Spring 2015 Couture gown for Heidi to wear, as the dress checks all her typical boxes. Sexy, fitted, and Versace. As long as Heidi doesn't show up in a feathered look that likens to a mawled old Muppet, I think that I will be okay with just writing her off.
At 16 Kiernan Shipka is already cemented as a fashion "IT" girl rocking couture and custom looks from some of the worlds most coveted and avant garde designers. I am wondering if Kiernan will be out on Oscar night, as I really hope she is, just to add a dose of avant garde glamour to the red carpet. One of Kiernan's favorite brands to wear on the red carpet is Delpozo, whom just presented their Fall 2016 RTW collection at New York Fashion Week, and I am hoping that Kiernan is the first to get her hands on a look from the collection. I picked this strapless cocktail ensemble which features a bold blue bustier and full embroidered skirt for Kiernan to wear on the Vanity Fair red carpet. Kiernan is one of the few that I can picture taking this dress and making it work on the red carpet. A bold blue clutch and gold sandals would be the perfect accessories for this red carpet ensemble.
Olivia Munn just hosted the Academy Scientific/Technical Awards and will be on hand at the main show to present a segment about those awards. I figure that Olivia will make her way from the Dolby theater to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party after the show has concluded. Next week you will see what fabulous Michael Kors ensemble that I would love to see Olivia wear on the main red carpet but for the after party I would love to see Olivia go for something really fun yet glamorous. I think that this gold sequined long sleeve Naeem Khan Fall 2016 RTW jumpsuit with a plunging neckline would be a very fun different look for Olivia to wear on the Vanity Fair red carpet. A lot of stars go as big as they would for the main show at Vanity Fair but I think that this jumpsuit is a more modern glam look, and something a little more relaxed after a major gown at the main show. A gold Rauwolf clutch, a pair of gold pumps, old Hollywood waves, yellow gold set diamond cluster earrings, and a red lip would give this look a disco glam vibe for the Vanity Fair red carpet.
With her film Mad Max: Fury Road being nominated for Best Picture we are sure to see Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on the red carpets of Oscar night, most likely at Vanity Fair. For her Oscar night ensemble I would love to see Rosie wearing this midnight blue and purple Armani Prive Fall 2015 Couture strapless sequined gown which I kind of equate with an oil slick. I think that this is a chic glam moment for Rosie and if anyone can turn a glam gown and give it a punch of sex appeal it would be the former Victoria's Secret angel. Hollywood red carpets tend to call for every glam looks and Rosie knows how to deliver on that front. A navy Edie Parker clutch, a pair of black sandals, glam waves, a red lip, and diamond drop earrings would finish this look off perfectly for Rosie.
Rounding out this post is CREED star Tessa Thompson who is now considered an "IT" girl thanks to her status as a muse for Rodarte. The stunning actress was perched front row at the Rodarte Fall 2016 RTW presentation, no doubt shopping for a red carpet look for Oscar night. I would love to see Tessa wearing this wine Rodarte Fall 2016 RTW lace floral embroidered gown. Not many would be able to make this look work on a red carpet but I believe that Tessa would be able to rock this look with ease. I would love to see Tessa style her hair into a bun of braids, a wine lip, and black sandals to give this look a modern "IT" girl red carpet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment