Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

#Oscars 2016: Presenter Wish List Part 1

Charlize Theron is one of Sunday nights confirmed presenters. I am very excited to see what the statuesque beauty will wear on the Oscars red carpet. Charlize will for sure be in Dior, like Jennifer Lawrence Charlize is a face of the brand. Last year Charlize wore some amazing custom Dior Couture looks on the red carpet and I bet that continues Sunday. I would love to see Charlize in some color, like amethyst purple or bright lipstick red, with a very dramatic train as her custom look from Christian Dior. If she were to wear a runway look from the brand (although I think that is very unlikely) I think that this white lace sleeveless gown from the Fall 2014 Couture collection would make for a beautiful red carpet moment. Maybe Charlize would wear this gown for an after party, though the Zac Posen I picked would be just as fabulous.
Emily Bunt recently announced that she is pregnant with her second child with John Krasinski so I am intrigued to see what she will wear on the red carpet at the Academy Awards. I would love to see Emily rocking the red carpet in this blue Armani Prive Spring 2014 Couture fully embellished gown on the red carpet. I think that this gown would drape so elegantly over Emily's burgeoning baby bump. I don't believe that Emily has a very large bump so this gown would wither conceal it or showcase it, if she were to add a waistband. I personally think that adding a waistband would make for a great red carpet moment on Emily. Keeping the styling really chic with a classic updo, smokey eye, silver clutch, a pair of silver sandals, and diamond cluster earrings would ensure that Emily showcases amazing maternity style on the Oscars red carpet.
I am super excited that Kerry Washington is boycotting the Oscars Boycott because of #OscarsSoWhite and presenting at the show on Sunday night. Kerry is always one of my favorite ladies to see on the red carpet as she has some of the most amazing red carpet style and an arsenal of designer friends that make amazing clothes for her. When I watched the Prabal Gurung Fall 2016 RTW show and this ivory cold shoulder embellished gown came down the runway I gasped and said that needs to be on the Oscars red carpet. Prabal has not had a moment on the Oscars red carpet yet and I think that he and Kerry need to change that by working this gown to its full potential on the red carpet. I think that this gown is something that while minimal can be very high impact. I think that a gold clutch, a pair of gold sandals, chic updo, and a nude lip would finish this look perfectly to give Prabal an amazing Oscars red carpet moment.
Margot Robbie has been a rising fashion star since she burst onto the scene when The Wolf of Wall Street came out 2 years ago. Margot has been up and down with her red carpet style and I am hoping she brings high glamour to the red carpet at the Academy Awards on Sunday night. It is always interesting to see who gets to wear some of the coveted collections first on the red carpet and everyone is taking bets on who will get their hands on the Oscar de la Renta Fall 2016 RTW collection first. I would love to see Margot step out on the Oscars red carpet wearing this amazing gold and black Oscar de la Renta Fall 2016 RTW toile du Jouey ribbon jacquard fit and flare gown with a sequined strapless bodice. After back to back Oscars wearing black Saint Laurent gowns I am hoping that Margot delivers something different and I think that this is a glam moment to happen on the Oscars red carpet. A chic updo, red lip, gold clutch, black pumps, and a pair of dazzling diamond earrings would ensure that Margot kills the Oscars red carpet.
I have a feeling that a lot of you are looking at your screens a little lopsided right now looking at my wish for Reese Witherspoon to wear on the red carpet at the Oscars. Last year Reese gave us a modern version of old Hollywood in a black and white custom Tom Ford gown and I am hoping this year that Reese gives us a totally modern look. I loved this bubble gum pink and chocolate brown BOSS Fall 206 RTW dress on the runway and I could totally picture creative director Jason Wu taking this dress and turning it into an a-line gown for Reese on the red carpet. I think that this could be a great high glam modern look for Reese to wear on the red carpet, and a colorful one at that. Reese usually doesn't wear a whole lot of color on the red carpet and I am really hoping that she embraces color for the Oscars red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment